Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Jiffy Lube caught on tape!

Old 12-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jiffy Lube caught on tape!

I did not know that Shell owned Jiffy??

If Jiffy had done this to me, I would have sued them royally dutch oil.

Jiffy Lube caught on tape!

Check out this link:

http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vo...52183.200k.asx

Seven area Jiffy Lube centers may have closed

Staff reports

(December 20, 2007) — A spokesman for Jiffy Lube International in Houston said Wednesday that seven service centers have closed in the Rochester area.

The spokesman did not identify the service centers or give a specific reason for the closings. The spokesman also was unable to say whether the centers are owned by the company or by one or more franchisees.

Jiffy Lube operates more than 2,200 service centers in North America.

Eight Jiffy Lubes are listed in the Rochester area telephone book. Calls to six of the centers weren't answered during normal business hours Wednesday.

Those centers are located at 2472 Monroe Ave. and 2861 West Henrietta Road, both in Brighton; 3022 W. Ridge Road and 3621 Dewey Ave., both in Greece; 666 E. Ridge Road in Irondequoit; and 781 Fairport Road in East Rochester.

Management at the Victor and Canandaigua locations in Ontario County said they were open and did not know anything about the closings.

Jiffy Lube is the largest chain of franchised and company-operated centers in the fast lube industry, servicing about 27.5 million customers each year.

Jiffy Lube International is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shell Oil Co.

Jiffy Lube pioneered the fast oil change industry in 1979 by establishing the first drive-through service bay.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Jiffy Lube caught on tape!

This is one of many reasons why I never go to Jiffy Lube or any similar store. I had a post a while back complaining about how I did my own investigation on a local Jiffy Lube-type place that told me that they could do a transmission fluid flush on a Chrysler product using Ford's transmission fluid, which is completely wrong and will destroy a Chrysler transmission. This is why I only go to dealers that I know have a very good reputation or local shops that my relatives recommend.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-27-2007, 03:19 PM

This has been going on for years.
I'm not exactly sure when that clip was taped, but my guess is it's well over a year old now.

My parents lost a '78 Crown Vic to Sears Automotive Center when the tech forgot to tighten the drain plug in the oil pan and it vibrated loose somewhere between VA and NY.
I do ALL of my own service and most of the repairs as they arise.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:55 PM

I agree wholeheartedly! A majority of those places are crooked and lack any decent knowledge at all automotive wise. When I lived in the DFW metroplex those stations would just seem to pop out of the ground over night after a good rain. They would stay open for a while and BOOM their gone. They got their money and now they are no where to be found.[:@]