Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

My stripes look like crap

Old 07-18-2009, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My stripes look like crap

Anyone else having trouble with the silver R/T stripes on the hood? Mine are getting all discolored and look bad. The sides look good, just whats on the hood. I am almost due for my free 3k oil change and it will be replaced or I am gonna be real pissed. I didn't pay 35k for a car to do this in 4 months.
Thanks
Old 07-18-2009, 11:55 AM

This may be a stupid question but have you waxed them? If not, give then a shot and see if it brings they back to life.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:57 AM

I remember hearing the same thing on Ford Mustang GT Shelbys with their hood stripes.Alot of owners having discoloring and peeling and degrading of the stripes.If memory serves me,it seems like those owners were having problems after exsposure to bad weather conditions while driving.Plus,these stripes were installed at Shelby,s at Las Vegas.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:17 AM

obviously it should fall on the dealership that sold you the car to fix the problem
Old 07-21-2009, 04:50 PM

I am taking it back tomorrow for an oil change and they are going to take a look.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:18 PM

They tried to clean them off, no luck. Was not sure what caused it but said he didn't think it would fall under warranty. I didn't get upset YET because he said he was going to make some phone calls and get back with me. Read other post for more info on oil change.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:31 AM

Given that the part of the stripe on the hood is the issue, I wonder if it is heat from the engine messing with the decals and cooking them into discoloration.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:08 PM

They did not want to warranty them but contacted dealer they got the car from for me. Then contacted strip supplier, they are going to replace them but advised that silver is a problem in the discoloration area, UV rays ruin them. They said I could get silver again or whatever I wanted. They siad Pewter would be very close and I went with it. Considering I haev a silver windshield and spoiler decal. I told them I did not care where the car came from or who put the stripes on. I purchased it from you and for that kind of money it should be fixed. The stripes should be here any day now. I will post some pics when I get them on. I hope the pewter looks good, otherwise I am going with a side stripe package.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:43 AM

My stripes have been totally trashed after less then a month. They are aftermarket, flast black, and they were waxed with a buffer by a detail shop. This seemed to totally destroy them. They look like they have been sitting outside for years.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:52 PM

Well I finally got my new replacement stripes put on last week. They look great again. We will see how long they last. If they don't last, I am going to take them off and go with a sidestripe from Rider. Just a matter of chosing which ones.

Quick Reply: My stripes look like crap