Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

My two cents Camaro

Old 05-20-2009, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My two cents Camaro

First let me say I am a Chevy guy. I have always loved the Chevy muscle and was really looking forward to a new Camaro setting in the driveway. I loved the look of the Challenger and could not wait to see the Camaro. I searched every night for “leaked” photos of the Camaro. When the pictures started showing up I was floored. I thought it looked strange. I could not get over how odd it looked. There was no way I could buy a Camaro because I really did not like the way it looked. I feel Chevy really missed the mark on this one and deep down I know some big wigs at Chevy regret not going retro. Man I would have loved a retro 69 Chevelle.

Today I am a Mopar 2009 Challenger RT owner and loving every minute of it. This car is really a blast to drive and people love the look. It is not the fasted car out there but it does not need to out run the look. When I was reading all the reviews comparing the Camaro/Challenger/Mustang the main comments made about the Challenger is how people loved the look. It was not the fastest it was not the best at handling but based on the way the reviews read it was the best looking. I can make changes to my Challenger to make it faster. Lets see the Chevy guys make changes to make theirs look better.

To me this explains everything

Challenger designer:
http://blog.chryslerllc.com/blog.do;...p=entry&id=282

Camaro designer:
http://online.wsj.com/public/article...578861039.html
Old 05-20-2009, 08:32 AM

Congrats on your R/T! The Camaro is not a bad design, but the Challenger is a total homerun.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:17 AM

Chevy had 2 prototypes of the new Camaro to pick from.
One had a '69 Grill and the other looked like Tron.

As we all know, they went with Tron!
hehehe
Old 05-22-2009, 06:13 AM

"Man I would have loved a retro 69 Chevelle".

I have been saying that all along! Chevy should have thought outside the box and done a retro Chevelle-how cool would that have been (if executed properly)? As I said I have a Challenger and love it and still get a rise when I see another on the road, when I see the Camaro I just dont get that ohhh ahhh feeling, they missed it in my opinion.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:20 PM

Cool

Well the 2 designers for the Challenger were young aspiring americans who brought in classic 70's challengers for inspiration..........and the chevy design team was, aside from Mr. Lee (a Korean), the two other principle designers for the new Camaro were Vladimir Kapitonov from Russia and Luciano Nakamura, a Brazilian of Japanese ancestry.

Hmmmm.....classic chevy......not.

Nothing against them or their car, but it seems to be marketed towards the tuner crowd of Hyundai, Honda, Toyota and Nissan. Not Dodge and Ford.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Thing that amazes me is that some people claim that this Camaro looks retro. It does NOT look retro at all. The previous Mustang was much closer to retro than this thing will ever be in my eyes. Note to Government Motors, your killing the wrong division.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-01-2009, 06:07 PM

Thumbs down

Not in the Camaro,s defense.But,even if any of it is true,the Mustang was designed by a Vietnam refugee.He might have been a son of the Viet Cong.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:01 AM

Wink

I feel that for the sake of being historical accurate, I should point out that the first of the Mustangs were designed in the early 60’s, predating our total involvement in the Vietnam War. Therefore the Mustang could not have been designed by any Viet Cong member, or son of. However, perhaps some Germans had a hand in the Mustang’s design since it was designed less than twenty years following the end of WWII, but they were busy with the Porsche, BMW, and Volkswagen. So I have to say that the Mustang was designed by an American…for Americans…And, lets not forget that without the Mustang, there would be no Dodge Challenger, or Camaro for that matter….so it’s not all bad, it just that the Challenger is better…..
Old 06-02-2009, 06:15 AM

Wink

Just my two cents.....when comparing the Camaro to the Challenger....the Camaro goes nowhere...
Attached Thumbnails camaro_crime.jpg  
Old 06-02-2009, 07:55 AM

hehehe
Funny pic.
I'll have to send that one to my dad.

Quick Reply: My two cents Camaro