Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Need for Speed video Game

Old 11-03-2006, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need for Speed video Game

I know the Challenger is in this game & sounds cool but I downloaded the demo and it's a bit weak in my opinion. Flat Out is a better race game.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Need for Speed video Game

I have never liked how NFS has made Chrysler Group products look. I still hold a grudge against them for using the most negative, outdated reviews to base the Viper off of in the original. Although according to their statistics the Viper should have out accelerated the ZR-1 in that game, it didn't.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Administrator

wow..you must be going way back...i thought that the DCX products on the last few games were well represented, and i play ALOT of driving games...i have 35-40 of them..

i enjoy the new game (carbon) but its not as good as most wanted.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

wow..you must be going way back...i thought that the DCX products on the last few games were well represented, and i play ALOT of driving games...i have 35-40 of them..

i enjoy the new game (carbon) but its not as good as most wanted.
I've kind of dropped out of playing video games for a few reasons. A. they cost money I would rather spend on my car. B. The modern games seem more like the same thing over and over again (the improvements are not as significant). C. It seems like the most inferior system does the best. D. (and this is the biggest one) I don't have time to play with them, I barely have enough time to get a full night's worth of sleep during the week.

The original NFS was made for the first PS and the failed Sega Saturn as well as another system that I can't remember. That was around 1996, so that was about ten years ago. That was one of my first games that I bought for my Sega Saturn. I loved that system but was irritated that they quit making games for in 1997.

I sold it to a friend to get the PS1 because I wanted the games that were being made for the PS1 such as Gran Turismo series, Test Drive 5, the original GTA series, and other games that weren't car related.

The picture quality between the Saturn and PS1 was noticable different. Believe it or not the Saturn had the better picture for NFS, it had a special level and a special car (the Catwarrior) that the PS1 version didn't have, it didn't need a memory car since the system had a built in memory, and it didn't have to pause to load as often.

In short I have never been completely happy with the PS systems. My PS only lasted 3 years before it quit working. My memory cards crashed. The controllers quit working for no reason. The system would lock up and wouldn't read the CDs. Now I would be more forgiving if I didn't know people that had the same problems. My cousin went through two. A friend went through two. On the PS2, another friend is on his third one. A relative has gone through a few. My brothers one doesn't always work as good as it used to. There are more examples that escape me right now.

The simple fact is in the video game arena your better to either go with a computer version or get a Sony system if you want game options, and I don't want to do either. My computer is a cheap piece of junk with no serious gaming abilities, and Sony has burned me one too many times (I have had bad luck with all of the products I have bought from them other than the PS series).

I also played NFS 2 which in my opinion was the worst in the entire NFS series. The only domestic cars were the Ford Indigo and Ford GT90 concepts, no actual production cars such as the Viper and Corvette as the previous game had.

NFS 3 Hot Pursuit was a big improvement. The only thing is I think that if they were going to include the normal LS1 powered C5, then the Viper would have been worth bringing back with the GTS model. They did offer the Mercedes CLK-GTR, which isn't a DCX product since this is before the merger. If they were going to use special models then I think that they should have offered the GTS-R version of the Viper, which I believe kicked the butt of the CLK-GTR. In short, they wouldn't include the best of the domestic cars or the best in the races.

I've played the newer versions and they just don't do it for me, if you know what I mean.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts