Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

New Challenger video

Old 02-20-2008, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Challenger video

http://www.redletterdodge.com/2008/0...ge-challenger/
If you watch the video the test "mules" have a manual trans. So why didn't they put them in the '08? Looks funny seeing a manual charger! I was thinking and those look just like chargers, so you could have been driving next to one and thought it was a charger when it was really a challenger!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:48 PM

Default RE: New Challenger video

Cool video!
Can't wait to test drive one myself.(in 1 1/2 years![:@][:'(])
Old 02-20-2008, 08:18 PM

LOL! I thought it was pretty cool that they "disguised" it... but where was the footage of them telling them that it was in diguise?
Old 02-21-2008, 12:48 AM

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

LOL! I thought it was pretty cool that they "disguised" it... but where was the footage of them telling them that it was in diguise?
Right! There was nothing mentioned except Kurt Busch's comments when driving the car about exactly what it was. Kasey Kahne might have also said something along the same lines, without elaborating on it as much.
I liked the last frame in the video......something to the effect of "Only two people/passengers threw up from excessive G-forces". Gotta love it!
[sm=smiley32.gif]
Old 02-21-2008, 02:24 AM

I'm sorry, I'm not quite getting this... so this was actually a Charger test that was really a Challenger underneath... right? Isn't that what a Challenger is anyway?

These guys are ooing and aahing over the Challenger, but then they're test driving Chargers... and we're supposed to believe that they weren't really Chargers but Challengers disguised as Chargers... is that it? [sm=wtf.gif]

The Challenger supposedly has a 4" shorter wheelbase than a Charger... doesn't it? Those sure looked like stock Chargers to me in that video. I realize it's early in the morning... but for the life of me I'm not getting what this is supposed to be.

Someone with more intelligence than me please set me straight on this before I officially raise the [sm=bs.gif] flag...
Old 02-21-2008, 03:11 AM

^^^^ I was thinking the same thing. To me it looks like the Charger with a M.T. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but why say it's Challenger or better yet just drive the challenger.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:07 AM

I guess I'll join the "I didn't quite get it" club. [sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 02-21-2008, 10:53 AM

Why wouldn't you just test drive Challengers for heaven's sake!
It said "professional drivers. closed track".
Why hide the fact that it's a challenger.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Yankee

I'm sorry, I'm not quite getting this... so this was actually a Charger test that was really a Challenger underneath... right? Isn't that what a Challenger is anyway?

These guys are ooing and aahing over the Challenger, but then they're test driving Chargers... and we're supposed to believe that they weren't really Chargers but Challengers disguised as Chargers... is that it? [sm=wtf.gif]

The Challenger supposedly has a 4" shorter wheelbase than a Charger... doesn't it? Those sure looked like stock Chargers to me in that video. I realize it's early in the morning... but for the life of me I'm not getting what this is supposed to be.

Someone with more intelligence than me please set me straight on this before I officially raise the [sm=bs.gif] flag...
I'm confused with this as well. The seats you can tell are actually Challenger seats. I didn't get a good enough look at the dash to determine it. I don't know if you could get a Charger shell to fit on a Challenger platform, but I honestly don't understand why they didn't just let them drive a Challenger that looked like a Challenger. I guess they are still being careful about letting GM and Ford see too much. I think that they need to just give up on that and just show it for crying out loud.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-22-2008, 10:18 AM

You gents did notice it started with a frame titled July, 2007, right?
It was still secret at the time.
New release of an old file.

Quick Reply: New Challenger video