Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

New SPAM hit list

Old 02-13-2010, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't check PM very often, but I now have about 20 messages from these guys. The best thing to do is make sure all the member aware of the problem so no gets tricked into their trap.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:35 AM

Ok mods sorry we may be thinning the member list a bit, so far that's just the # thru G members gone through,

basically I think the reason why we are getting spammed is these users are leaving an open door for spambots with there links, I'll get through more throughout the day.

Last edited by canadiancanuck; 02-13-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:44 PM

I have received about a half dozen of these as well....deleted each one. Truly irritating. I will be happy to forward each new one received so we can nail these miscreants.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:43 AM

here is the message I am getting....

Dear, DGibson!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://security-tool2010.org/DGibsonIf you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration www.dodgechallenger.com.

and these are the ones I have gotten it from

SuperModer
Hummannic
RootModerators
TeamModerators
Gafarozzman
Desterman
LadyrootFiX
CuurioussGirl
Old 02-14-2010, 06:45 AM

^ majority of the listed above have been banned, but the mods and admins are getting them.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:17 AM

Default More names

Todays names

Admin&Moderator
Cliffinzz
EddieTrr

New 2/18
Jozzrobin

2/22
JoannyDavis

Last edited by rickerda; 02-22-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: add more names
Old 02-15-2010, 07:14 PM

alright ..... all done!!! been through every junior member listing with 0 posts and have found as many of the lowest scummy loser spammers I can, and thank you to our mods/ admins for banning and deleting them. this should drastically cut down on spam mail, and will be easier to track new joiners that are only siging up to solicite their crap.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:03 AM

you can add "AdminModerator"
Old 02-16-2010, 08:43 AM

alright ..... all done!!! been through every junior member listing with 0 posts and have found as many of the lowest scummy loser spammers I can, and thank you to our mods/ admins for banning and deleting them. this should drastically cut down on spam mail, and will be easier to track new joiners that are only siging up to solicite their crap.
Excellent work canadian, im thinking you should be a moderator if you want the job.
maybe Moderator of New Members since you have a good eye for weeding these SOBs out
Old 02-16-2010, 12:40 PM

yeah well it helps when you have the software from work to research IP's. It just tells us where the listing IP is from not who owns it and this assists in weeding out hackers on our directory site.

But even if you look any "Junior Member" with 1-3 posts and their "About Me" stat shows Man in the Biography section, you automatically know it's a spambot with hidden ads and links.

Quick Reply: New SPAM hit list