Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

OK guys, I need your help!

Old 03-22-2006, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK guys, I need your help!

so as most of you guys know, i drive a 350z as my daily driver and its a piece of crap because its a 2003. alot of problems in the 1st year of production, now i was recently given the oppurtunity to purchase a brand new 350z. which would seem great, but i want that damn challenger! [:@] so my question is, what are your guys thoughtson wut i should do?? thanks in advance!
Old 03-22-2006, 04:24 AM

Default RE: OK guys, I need your help!

Is your 2003 paid off? Can you "live" with it for another year or so? I'd say if you can wait it out then by all means do so. No need for a monthly note if you don't have to have one. Also, is your 2003 a lemon where it will die on a godforsaken highway and come back to life take your first born?
Old 03-22-2006, 05:22 AM

Ya gotsta hold out man! Fight the evil voices in your head!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:50 AM

I'd just live with the POS for another year or so if it were me. You aren't going to lose that much more in the way of resale value; and to buy something else, unless you were to trade DOWN (dump the Z and get a low-cost beater for transport) wouldn't make economic sense at this point.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Administrator

what problems are you having with the Z?
Old 03-22-2006, 11:08 AM

I agree with MGDMike, unless this thing is going to strand you, hold out for the Challenger!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Since it is only 3 years old, you may have already paid for it so I would take advantage of using the warranty you hopefully got with it and just hold on another year.

This is only if it is still reliable.....if it is not I investigate your lemon laws and see what options you have.

In the end, get the car you really want......The Challenger.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:08 AM

thank you guys for all your opinions and support!!! unfortunately my Z isnt payed off, i still owe 25,000!! [:@] i ended up financing way more then wut the car was worth and got screwed. i also bought it preowned. i also later found out the previous owner did not take care of the Z and was involved, i kid you not, 17 accidents!!! i ran the carfax report when it was too late. the car hasnt given me major problems tho. some trips to the service center for minor yet a headache of bullsh!t. i have warranty on the Z but unfortunately nissan doesnt supply loaners so everytime i end up taking it i end up waiting for it to get serviced for 2 or 3 hours! according to such laws i cant really do anything since the dealer never had it in writing that the car was involved in an accident nor did they say it was a lemon. please feel free to repost with your comments, thanks!
Old 03-23-2006, 02:55 PM

I'm with Jeremiah on this get the car you want, otherwise you'll never be happy with what you settle for. And as for that dealer I would let everyone that I know hear about the way they do business.[:@] You got raped both on the car and the financing. Saw a vehicle on the highway once and the owner had made it a rolling billboard for his dissatisfaction with the car dealer who had sold it to him. It said "I bought this piece of crap from............." across the tailgate and rear glass. In this case advertising doesn't sell. All it cost was a bottle of white shoe polish. Just an idea for when you take it in next time for any work to be done!
Old 03-24-2006, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

I'd try to get the dealer to take it back like the others have suggested, then get a used Mustang GT or Cobra, or Firebird Trans Am/ Camaro Z28 SS something that you can find at a reasonable price and has enough power to satisfy you before you make a big purchase. You would probably save money in the long run (to later spend on the Challenger) doing this.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: OK guys, I need your help!