Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

OK..... IT'S SLOW AROUND HERE........

Old 02-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OK..... IT'S SLOW AROUND HERE........

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

what was the previous car?

and 14.1 isnt bad for a Z car...its a manual, right?
1996 Oldsmobile Ciera 3.1L OHV V6 with 114,XXX miles on it. We have owned 7 GM vehicles, and this was one of our 5 lemons we got from them. The Intrepid was paradise in comparison to that car.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-01-2006, 06:49 PM

I've had the GTO up to 150 twice now. I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, so its all country once you get out of town. Drive down the road a few miles to check it out, then turn around and blast back. Its a rush. Also went to Road America last year and was doing over 125 down the front straight. That was a good time. As a matter of fact, Road America is comming up again in April. Can't wait to go again![sm=burnout.gif]
Old 03-08-2006, 05:29 PM

Love Road America, been to several bike races up there- never driven it though but I'll bet it's a blast. Anyhow I've got another high speed adventure from days of old. My wife and I were going back to the Smokey Mountains by interstate back in the early 80's in my 73 Challenger as kind of a second honeymoon since this is where we spent our original one. On the way through Kentucky I happened upon a Corvette of late 70's vintage and when I blew by he must have taken offense to being passed by this lowly DODGE because soon he was back by me and it was evident that he wanted to play. I was happy to oblige and blew back by him again and the chase was on! For about the next 30 miles we swapped positions for dominance and I'm quite positive that he never dreamed an old DODGE would be running his a$$ in the ground. Speeds? Well I can say without hesitation that for that distance we never fell below 100 mph and at most times were in the 120 to 130 mile per hour range. I finally relinquished the lead when it became very apparent by the gauge that unfortunately I needed refueling. Well I pulled into a station and reached for the gas cap but it wouldn't turn! I wondered what in the world was going on and proceeded to try again with everything I had. It turned reluctantly and as it did a loud WHOOSH! and then a THUNK! from under the car? I look under the car and what do I see but the bottom of the tank very caved in! Apparently I had out driven the fuel systems venting capabilities and had actually collapsed the tank! So I tell the attendant the situation and ask for use of an air hose and nozzle and wrapped the nozzle with shop rag, applied air to the tank and voila! a DOINK and the tank was back to it's original shape! One small problem though, one corner is dripping gas now. Well I figure that will stop as I drive and the fuel is drawn out again. Next stop Pigeon Forge Tennesee and the first NAPA I see! Found a NAPA and got a tube of gas tank repair putty- problem solved. On the way home a BMW 3 series on 2 lane highways.........Oh the good ole days!
Old 04-30-2006, 07:23 PM

I left a college at 3 in the morning to drive home. It normal takes me 35 min or so to get home, that trip toke a little under 25 mins(from door to door). I reached 110 in my 99 toyota corolla going home, average speed was 95. It toke me almost a full minute to acclerate from 90 to 100mph.