Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Point Man

Old 03-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Point Man - Week #3

I really appreciate all of this interaction.

Here is something to think about regarding sex:

Guys(deceitfully) will use intimacy with a girl to get sex and girls(who just want to be loved but go about it the wrong way) have sex to get intimacy.

For some that will be a wake up call, for others they have known it all along.

I have seen guys bend over backwards and do things like buy them food, gifts, and even go to church to get sex. How deceiful we guys can be.

Girls need to be looking out for the great qualities they saw in their God seeking fathers so they can find those same qualities in their future life long husbands.

Do you see where I am going with that?

Hence the need for being a great father in the family. With no role model, how is she supposed to find that great husband.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:09 PM

Yes! I see alot of that as well, but the same sex parent (in this case the mother) provides an example of how she should act when she is older. If her mother teaches her to value her sexuality, even in the abscense of a father, it will make an impact. Still the is nothing like having two loving parents in a home.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Yes that is true; however, I know girls who are just as bad. There have been girls I have tried to date that are the type that lack the morals to resist sex, that will completely ignore me because they know I wouldn't "go all the way." Others reject me because I'm not the "hot guy." The fact is I'm a lot nicer than a lot of these "studs" and I actually have something for them called respect. They are perfectly happy to have me around to talk to, to help them with various things, to give them support, and other needs, but when it comes to a boyfriend, who do they get?

A moron, who treats them with no respect, who lies to them, who cheats on them, who doesn't care about their concerns, and is always demanding sex out of the girls like a vampire goes after blood. I know for a fact that girls like to talk a lot and I don't see how a guy who's diction consists of "I don't know" and "I don't care" could possibly be enjoyable for them. I swear someday someone ought to ask them if they have a brain, I'd bet their response would be "I don't know."

Then they whine and complain to me about how awful this guy was to them, but they go after more and more guys like this instead of me because they consider them to be more attractive. They are shallow and they get awful boyfriends because they set up shallow standards. What more could they want out of me that I'm not giving them? I guarantee one of these "studs" will get them pregnant and will treat them and their child like the plague. Girls need to be less shallow.

It is important for both parents to set an example. It is also important for parents to work together on this.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-14-2007, 10:23 AM

I am kinda new to the site and just noticed this thread, its great you guys have this.. I have seen first hand what happens to a family after divorce and parents hooked on drugs, almost my entire family is like that, with the exception of my intermediate family.. Its sad to say that about them but its the truth. My whole family used to be religous and went to church every sunday but after my grandmother gave it up and stopped going for years everone else stopped. As for me i dont attend church like i used to, but i do read the bible and carry on what i learned in church on a day to day basis... Once again its great you guys have this.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

I have seen you post in other sections, yet I don't know If I have actually talked to you yet so, I welcome you to the site, McDonald. I'm sorry to hear about the problems that your family has had with faith and drugs, my mom's side of the family has struggled with the latter. I'm also glad that Jeremiah started this thread. If you need prayers let me know.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-14-2007, 11:33 AM

Well I guess I'll put in my 2 cents. Anyone who would cheat on ones spouse or significant other deserves the person they cheat with. A person of LOW character and truly dishonest. Vows mean nothing to someone who would do this so they were dishonest from the beginning of the relationship. If you truly love someone you don't fall out of love with them. You work through differences and hard times not seek comfort from another. Many people are too immature for a true relationship. They think life will be some fairytale existence and they will have everything they always wanted. That isn't true life or love. True life and true love you have to work at. This is when many bail out and think they can find that fairytale existence somewhere else or with someone else. Low character and immaturity.

RLSH700 Don't dwell on these girls and their lack of good judgement. I too am amazed at how girls these days seem to want someone who'll treat them like dirt and will pass over a guy that shows respect for them and their feelings. You just have to see it this way... It's their loss if they can't see your good character or choose a loser instead of you. They probably don't deserve you after all. Their low self esteem has them convinced they deserve no better than the punks they go after. Eventually the right girl will see you for who you really are and appreciate a true man not some poser.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 PM

It seems to be an issue of maturity and rearing as a child, more than anything guys. I have been in the same predicament, but they are some good ones out there. Just make sure you get one before she's taken.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

deranged

Very well put.

Just remember though that these girls had no one in their lives as an example, so hopefully you have a better idea
why they make the irrational choices they do.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Good points deranged and thank you for your statement. It is just a sore subject for me since I'm currently going through this yet again. I thought I found someone who was above this crap, but it turns out she isn't as well. I'll tell you, good girls are so hard to find these days.

Jeremiah, with all due respect this isn't always the case. The girl I was referring to who went around and dated every guy except me and caused all the best friends to hate each other had both parents. Now the issue might have been that she did not receive enough attention because she was one of 12 kids and one of the older ones of that. I think her problem was that her parent's let her run wild and free. I know from pictures she showed us one day indicated that she would literally run around as a little girl without any clothes on outdoors as would her siblings. From what she told us in her stories, supposively her younger siblings still do this. Also her parent's knew what she was doing and pretty much indicated that they didn't care. She also told us that her older siblings did illegal drugs. It is probably a case that these parents were possibly over taxed and couldn't handle the load properly. The fact is I'm more angry at her for what her stupid behavior cost my best friend, his childhood (very, very, very, very, very long story) and cost me being able to graduate with my best friend because of this. For the record it had nothing to do with any children or anything related to that.

The girl that has most recently rejected me and gone after some loser had both parents as well. The problem though is her relationship with her father was terrible. She claims that he was orally abusive to her on a regular basis. Sometimes they have the figure but they fail to be good parents anyways by lacking to set a good example while others have no respect for their children.

Again, please do not take offense to what I have said. I don't mean you any disrespect whatsoever.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Point Man

I thought you guys might like this. This was sent to me via email.

JESUS

IN CHEMISTRY, HE TURNED WATER TO WINE.

IN BIOLOGY, HE WAS BORN WITHOUT THE NORMAL CONCEPTION.

IN PHYSICS, HE DISPROVED THE LAW OF GRAVITY WHEN HE ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN.

IN ECONOMICS, HE DISPROVED THE LAW OF DIMINISHING RETURN BY FEEDING 5,000 MEN WITH TWO FISHES & 5 LOAVES OF BREAD.

IN MEDICINE, HE CURED THE SICK AND THE BLIND, WITHOUT ADMINISTERING A SINGLE DOSE OF DRUGS.

IN HISTORY, HE IS THE BEGINNING AND THE END.

IN GOVERNMENT, HE SAID THAT HE SHALL BE CALLED WONDERFUL COUNSELOR, PRINCE OF PEACE.

IN RELIGION, HE SAID NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH HIM.

JESUS HAD NO SERVANTS, YET THEY CALLED HIM MASTER; HAD NO DEGREE, YET THEY CALLED HIM TEACHER; HAD NO MEDICINES, YET THEY CALLED HIM HEALER.

HE HAD NO ARMIES, YET RULERS FEARED HIM.

HE WON NO MILITARY BATTLES, YET HE CONQUERED THE WORLD.

HE COMMITTED NO CRIME, YET THEY CRUCIFIED HIM.

HE WAS BURIED IN A TOMB, YET HE LIVES TODAY.

I FEEL HONORED TO SERVE SUCH A LEADER WHO LOVES US!

JOIN US AND LET'S CELEBRATE HIM; HE IS WORTHY.

THE EYES BEHOLDING THIS MESSAGE SHALL NOT BEHOLD EVIL, THE HAND THAT WILL SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYBODY, SHALL NOT LABOR IN VAIN, AND THE MOUTH SAYING AMEN TO THIS PRAYER, SHALL SMILE FOREVER.

REMAIN IN GOD AND SEEK HIS FACE ALWAYS.

AMEN

Quick Reply: Point Man