Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Presidential Decision

Old 04-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Presidential Decision

There are so many movies about "Regular people" who become president of the United States...

Perhaps its time for that to actually happen, and I think that I will be that regular person.

I have no real political background, obviously, but look at the election bearing down on us right now. Its not a matter of "whoever everyone likes will win", but rather "whoever everyone hates the least will win". This isnt right, and this surely isnt what the forefathers of this country envisioned this great land becoming.

The problem is that those who run for president have no real idea of what goes on in the real world, unless their advisors let them know. They make decisions that generally have the greatest impact on the middle class, yet the only middle class people they know, are their servants. The largest "class" group in this country should have a stronger representation, and our tax dollars need to be appropriated to things that truly impact the majority of this countries population; not just a government who looks out for the elite. they can afford to look for for themselves. One of our companies largest and longest running industries, the automotive industry, is struggling, and the damage done to our nations economy hits more than just those working in the automotive industry...look at Flint, Michigan.

Its time for someone who has actually been a part of working America to represent this country. This upcoming election is guaranteed to force another elitist clown who will only look out for the best interest of the pocketbooks of his or her friends or businesses. 2012 may bring about some change, but why not begin now, and be prepared to put a real American back in office for the following election.

2016 brings about another chance for the United States to have a president who is truly committed to transforming the government to once again represent the people of this country, rather than the corporations.

Remember, April 16, 2008, you heard it here FIRST.

Spread the word. The webpage is coming.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:14 PM

Default RE: Presidential Decision

Are you serious? You are really going to run?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Right off the bat, I am interested in some public opinion, so we will establish a webpage with some information and see what kind of interest I get based on views and such.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:39 PM

Go for it
Old 04-16-2008, 04:42 PM

I'LL VOTE FOR YA, WHAT PARTY ARE YOU GOING TO BE AFFILIATED WITH?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:28 PM

Can I be in the cabinet ; or get a cushy job with a fancy name where I dont do much. And a company car (cough challenger, cough). Just kidding. I hope you run. Good luck bud.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

I will vote for you only if you promise to ride in a Challenger limousine.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:56 AM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

I'LL VOTE FOR YA, WHAT PARTY ARE YOU GOING TO BE AFFILIATED WITH?
Maybe "The Challenger" party?? Seems appropriate...
Old 04-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

It's a shame you can't run this time (the issue is age isn't it). It would make the decision a lot easier. I'm down to choosing between third party candidates (from a person who swore he would never resort to this). Have you chosen a running mate yet? Good luck!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-17-2008, 09:14 AM

Well you certainly make some very compelling arguments, and fundamentally speaking, I pretty much agree with everything you've said.

But I gotta ask, generally speaking... who in their right bloody mind would really want that job? In today's age of 24 hr news and the internet, you are constantly scrutinized 24/7 (you think you're scrutinized now as just a mere administrator/moderator? ). And it's not only you, it's your entire family and just about every association you've ever had in your life. Just think how many skeletons that they'll find in your closet (and if they can't find any, they'll make some up). I can't imagine the skeletons that my naysayers would find if they dug really deep (heck, they wouldn't have to dig very deep lol). And all that for what - 400 grand a year?

If you're really serious and are up to the scrutiny... all I can say is you're a much stronger man than I am. And I just might be crazy enough to vote for you. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: Presidential Decision