Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
I don't have a job/lost my job
0%
I can't get a loan
0%
I don't want a first year car
0%
I can't afford it yet
0%
I'm afraid of losing my job
0%
I'm afraid the Challenger will not have a company to support it
0%
I'm waiting for different options
0%
The mark up at the dealership
0%
Insurance premiums
0%
Other
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reason for not owning a Challenger...yet

Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reason for not owning a Challenger...yet

What is your primary reason for not getting a Challenger yet?

I don't want a first year car plain and simple, but I don't have the funds to pay for one yet by any means. What reasons are stopping you?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-23-2009, 03:49 PM

Default RE: Reason for not owning a Challenger...yet

Well it IS technically in its second year...

You couldn't even afford a base SE? With the deals and discounts they have now, you can swing a really sweet deal on one.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM

I wanted one again as I had a new 71 R/T . And i now have a 09 Black R/T with 6 speed. And Love it . After having had cancer twice since 2005 . Thyroid and kidney and both removed . And now something on one lung and biopsy . And so far not cancer. I try and enjoy everyday I can. I take a bunch of insulin for diabetes every day also. The Challenger has put a new sprit in my life . And joy when I turn that key and hear that rumble from the exhaust . And run it through the grear's . And people every where I go ask about it. It cost me in money to get it . Gave up a new Dodge Ram 4x4 and 06 Miata sports car. Would I do it again . You bet. And my wife likes it also. She drives her "Black 300C with Hemi and I my Challenger R/T .
Old 02-24-2009, 04:47 AM

I just had my third year post operative catscan for Kidney cancer. I am still in remission. I agree with BkChallenger09R/T.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

I voted I do not know if I will have a job in 2009 but also of not getting the color I want.....Plum Crazy.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Yankee

Well it IS technically in its second year...

You couldn't even afford a base SE? With the deals and discounts they have now, you can swing a really sweet deal on one.
Not yet. In my view it is still in its first year. The R/T and SE were not offered last year and the 2008 were not built for anything close to a full year. Also, I don't see the point of getting an SE. I have the same basic powertrain in my Intrepid except the Intrepid is FWD and lighter. If I'm going to get a Challenger, it has to have a V8. I'd like an SRT, but more than likely will get an R/T. Also, I want a manual in my Challenger as I prefer manuals.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-28-2009, 06:18 AM

Well, a week ago I was on my way to making a deal on a SXT V6 and roll in what's left owing on our Dakota into that payment which would be about $4000 more on the sticker price, and the finance lady at the dealer said I had to trade the vehicle with the loan to do that. What?? Put $4000 more on sticker to pay off truck, and then give them the truck to trade for the Challenger??? I walked out of the dealership, and told them they were nuts if they think I'm going to 'give' them my truck, and then add $4000 more to the sticker price. I guess they were hoping I couldn't see straight enough and was too excited about the prospect of owning a challenger that I would miss that. Especially considering I was not buying a Hemi.

Move up to last Monday I have a meeting with the plant manager that he needs to lay me off til June, due to retooling issues and supplier issues. Ok, I can deal with that, and qualify for unemployment benefits, but we all know what it's like to have to wait for the government to process these claims these days and get paid. So, I was relieved that I didn't do the deal. Tuesday the salesman at the Dodge dealership called to apologize to me about the finance lady's response to my offer to do the deal, and said that he's worked on a way to make it work the way I want. Hmmm, I am tempted because I really do want one of these cars, but I let him know about the job situation and that my plans are on hold temporarily.

So here's my plan....I'm going to try really hard to knock out the $4000 I owe for the Dakota, it should be paid for by fall with the payments, but I want to get it over with sooner than that. Then, since I was originally going to have that amount added on to the final price of the car, I may as well go full Monte and get the RT with the Hemi anyways. Why not, I am still going to drive it in the winter, this is going to be my driver, and people out on the street give me grief about driving it in the winter I'll just tell them to go get their own and do whatever they want with their car. My car is going to get driven...period!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:16 AM

Well, I tried to vote, but kept getting an "internal server error"

My main reason would have to fall under "other". I love the look of the new Chally R/T, and the times(et & mph) I have seen are very nice and respectable. I had a 73 Chally when in HS, and loved that one too. I'm just waiting on the new Camaro to come out so I can compare them directly as far as comfort, performance, and cost. I know that I like the look of the Chally better, but I prefer to wait and drive both, then make up my mind. I all likelihood, whichever one I buy will be the last new play car I ever buy.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:03 AM

I would have voted "Can't afford yet" but also got an error.

I could afford the SE, but if I am going to spring for a Challenger, it needs to have the V8. No hating from me on proud SE owners, but that's just what I need. I'm keeping fingers crossed that they keep building them. Make mine an R/T with Track Pack, unless I unexpectedly strike it rich and go SRT.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:12 AM

I agree 100% on not buying the car the first year out.There is not a vehicle ever produced that doesn,t have first year hic-cups.At least wait until mid year so that they can correct on the line the early boo-boo,s.[] Their are alot of posts on here attesting to alot of early glitches.[] I would have been one of the first to order a classic if they would have offered it in a base pkg,and not in a upscale J pkg.[:@] I too am going now to give the Camaro more consideration now.[]

Quick Reply: Reason for not owning a Challenger...yet