Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Rental Charger

Old 03-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rental Charger

RoswellGrey, I'm happy to hear you've had a positive experience with your Mustang. You must not drive very far or very often to have such low mileage on your cars. It sounds like it is practically brand new.

Yankee, I've driven the a 3.5L powered Charger and it seems like it is certainly a suitable powerplant despite the aerodynamics drop and weight increase over the LH cars. The acceleration times rang from the mid-7s to the very low 8s in the 0-60 run. I'm now starting to consider re-adding the Charger to my list with AWD.

Patrick, I'm not surprised by what you found about the 2.7L powered Chargers. It felt inadequate in the second gen Intrepids, so why would it feel anything better than adequate in a car that weighs more and is less aerodynamic. Most of the people I knew that had 1st gen Intrepids with 3.5Ls went for the 2.7L for fuel economy and found that it got the same or slightly worse mileage, so that also isn't surprising considering that the fuel mileage ratings changed from 30-31 down to 28 when they switched to the LX cars while the 3.5L remained the same at 27mpg or 1mpg better depending on the model. It isn't surprising either that the 300 would be able to beat your Stratus as the Stratus's times were in the mid-8 sec range on the automatics. I hear you about the lower end interior, if I get an LX car, I think I will have to buy some replacement seats. I drive distances of 400 miles pretty often and I'm tired of having seats that do not provide the proper back support because it does become a problem after driving that far.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-10-2008, 07:46 PM

I noticed the arm rest problem in the magnum. The challenger has different doors than the other LX cars though so I'm hoping it's not a problem.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

I noticed the arm rest problem in the magnum. The challenger has different doors than the other LX cars though so I'm hoping it's not a problem.
Another thing I noticed is Chrysler under the Three-headed dog has payed more attention to comfort than the bureaucratic Germans did. They placed an additional cushion on the door handles on the Charger that previously was not there and I noticed a reference to them doing things like this in an article in Forbes magazine. I think comfort will be focused on more under the new management. I'm hopeful that they have look through this thoroughly.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts