Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Saw a new Camaro

Old 05-08-2009, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw a new Camaro

Went by a dealer showroom and saw a Camaro in Black with a car cover on it. The only thing they were showing to the street passerbys was a fender and the front. Looked sharp. But in my opinion that is all that is sharp. The ass end is but ugly. It did grab my atention though. The showroom is right by the street.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:32 PM

Thats pretty funny...I was at the track and saw one run 14.6 with 200 miles on it.
It was swarmed with people. About half the people came by my car and told me the same thing and how much nicer the Challenger was.
He lined up behind me to the crowds displeasure.I know what they look like in the rear view mirror!
The 'cuda was about the coolest car there...wheel stander 9.6 !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-zi1DsnlYg
Old 05-10-2009, 05:44 AM

Stopped by a couple dealerships to check them out. It's amazing, car sales are down, and these salesman find it hard to get off their a$$ to sell you a car. The first dealership didn't even come out to talk with me, even though I was checking it out pretty good. The second dealership I visited, I had to go inside, where salesman were all sitting at their desk, ignoring me, until one sitting at their desk yells across the room, "Can I help you"? No wonder these guys are hurting.

At any rate, I think it's nice and will sell like crazy for awhile, but overall there's really nothing great about it. Maybe I'm just a MOPAR guy, but in my opinion it pales in comparison with the Challenger. Both of these were the V6 model, so maybe one fully loaded and dressed up may make it better. Kind of disappointed really.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I look forward to going by the Dealership to look at one. Not to buy mind you, just to see one in real life. I love my R/T and would not get rid of it by choice... most definetly not for a Camaro. I am glad that the GM boys have their moment in the sun and look forward to doing a few light to lights.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:51 PM

One of our suburb police officers and his wife picked up one of the new Camaros - only a V6 - but still good looking. Bottom line is that our local Dodge dealer (who was very good to us) - didn't want to show a Silver Challenger RT on the lot because the weather was misty. Sadly I believe them - So they bought a Camaro instead.....
Old 05-18-2009, 07:27 AM

IMO...just another dime a dozen FAT A$$ tuna cans! The body is so thin you can push on it and it moves.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:06 AM

It is what it is. As I said in my other posts after seeing it, it's nice for what it is, but it's not retro. It's muscle, it's a nice car, but it would take more money then I have to own one because it's not useable. That is one thing I have found more then anything with this Challenger, I'm not well off enough to own another car and keep this one under wraps, and nor would I want to. If anything I would own this one and keep another one under wraps. This car is good for use all around and I think that was kind of the point for Chrysler. The trunk is just huge, it rides very nice, there is room in the back for kids, most importantly, it's a monster in the snow. The Mustang and the Camaro are not practicle for any of these uses. The Mustang was terrible in the snow, or not to great, though I guess it could have been worse, I can't imagine how that Camaro would be with the weight and power.

For those who can afford to keep their car out of the snow, I congratulate you and enjoy your vehicle. For the rest of us who aren't so lucky, thank you Chrysler for building such a great all around car that I can enjoy 365 days out of the year. Now let's talk about that skip shift that almost got me run over the other day.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:57 PM

My friend rented a 2009 Mustang on a business trip and complained for days how he couldn't fit his luggage in the trunk, he almost passed out when he saw how big the trunk in the Challenger is.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally went by and saw one the other day. Not impressed. But it was the LT and I do hope the SS is a better looking car. Anyone interested in a Camaro... please look closely at the back seat. It really is a joke. One of the salesman asked if I was ready to trade my R/T in and I said to him "you are kidding... right"? Not a bad looking car just too euro for me and really does not stand out. The one I looked at was black and maybe not as high impact a color to really make it stand out. So I will wait until I see an SS until I can really say how I feel about it.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:02 AM

Saw a yellow Camaro V8 Sat at a car show.

The back seat is laughable-works great for legless midgets.

The body looks like a hodge podge of subjects with no overall theme-as if 5 designers frantically scotch taped their ideas together and created one vehicle. And, 3 of the designers came from European and or Japanese design shops.

It will surely appeal to diehard Chevy fans, but few others as far as I can conclude.

Good luck to GM with this one. They desperately need a grand slam home run; this car is an infield lazy pop fly....

Quick Reply: Saw a new Camaro