Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Should we consider a "Challenger Rendezvous"? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/should-we-consider-%22challenger-rendezvous%22-2391/)

BootCamp 01-27-2008 08:46 AM

Should we consider a "Challenger Rendezvous"?

We're almost there.....
The production Challenger will finally debut at the Chicago Auto Show in less than two weeks.
Orders have been placed, and still others are (impatiently) waiting to order/buy theirs.
The excitement is culminating with the anticipation of actually putting our hands on the car - OUR car - very soon.
It all brings us to the next logical step........

With nearly 1200 members of this forum, probably the largest collection of Challenger enthusiasts anywhere, do I dare suggest we consider starting a yearly gathering or "Renzdezvous" of our members and their Challengers?
Is something like this worth doing?
Is there enough interest in getting together in one place for a weekend of "Challenger Appreciation" and friendly exchange of ideas once a year somewhere centralized so (nearly) everyone has less than a day's drive to get there?

Positive or negative, post your ideas here and we can see if it would be worth taking this past the "idea stage" to the "planning stage".

Paladin06 01-27-2008 09:13 AM

RE: Should we consider a "Challenger Rendezvous"?

Sounds like an excellent idea to me. You got my vote!!

Dodge Favre ever 01-27-2008 09:45 AM

You have my vote too. The First place should be at the Chicago Auto Show. Don't have to tell you where inside. ;) I'll will be wearing my Dodge red & white No. 9 Kasey Kahne jacket.

BootCamp 01-27-2008 10:40 AM

I was thinking something in the Detroit / Auburn Hills area in the summer of '09. We would benefit from better weather, a fairly "centralized loaction", and we could invite Mike Castiglione, Alan Barrington, and the Dodge VIP's to drop by.
;)
Regardless of when or where, it will take a lot of planning to pull off a successful gathering. We'll need lots of input to make it work - if we get enough support from the folks here in the forum.

Hopefully, I'll have a NEW Kasey Kahne Budweiser jacket by then. :D

Paladin06 01-27-2008 12:26 PM

I'm excited already. That's a long trip from AZ but if we have good showing, I'll be there. Might have to truck my car:D want to keep the milage down.;)

kramtrah 01-27-2008 01:56 PM

I think this is an oustanding idea. How cool would it be for us all to be spinning some rubber in the heart of muscle car central.[sm=gears.gif]

Roadrunner 01-27-2008 02:40 PM

sorry about the language

Roadrunner 01-27-2008 02:40 PM

Sounds great!

One problem for me......I have 280,000 Delta miles and no time. Tell me when and where I'll be there if UI can. I had a trip planed to be in Chicage on the 6th for the offical release and now I have to go to Xuckin NY for Business on the 6th. Nothing against NY but the timing is off.

cncpt2prod! 01-27-2008 02:46 PM

What a great idea! My wife and I will pack up the Challenger in Southern Cal and take the road trip out to Muscle car land!

70sguy 01-27-2008 03:50 PM

That would be fun, long trip for me also, fl here