Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Spy Photo: 2010 Ford Taurus Caught

Old 04-10-2008, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spy Photo: 2010 Ford Taurus Caught

ORIGINAL: DK challenger

I always thought that some of the spy pics that go up on the web would get taken down by the car company it belonged to.
It depends more on where the photo is taken. If it's outside in what's considered the "public realm," a car company can't do anything about it, except maybe ask that it be removed. What's the public realm? A good example is a photographer can stand out in the street in front of your house and take a picture. He can't, however, go around to the alley and take a picture of the back of your house. The latter case would be considered "invasion of privacy." The public realm is pretty much whatever can be seen from a typical street. See what 32 years in the newspaper business teaches you?
Old 04-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

I will have to wait until I see it in person before I make a judgement call. It does look like an improvement though, possibly the best looking Taurus since 1995 (though that isn't saying much considering the catfish styling then that overstyled, excessive chrome grille. I hope this does well. I hope they name the Ecoboost model the SHO.

Billionare, the reason why some of us care is the fact that the Taurus has been a long running icon of Ford since it put Ford back on the map back in 1986 and I think most of us want to see Ford turn around and succeed again.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-10-2008, 06:03 PM

Billionaire, it's not the Taurus so much, we are all car enthusiasts to some extent here. Hence this was posted in the off topic area. While some of us are bigger Mopar fans here than others, it's an area where we can talk about the other manufacturers as well.

As for this Tuarus, I just want to see get Ford back in the thick of things here in the US. The past leadership team of Ford killed what was a vehicle and platform that brought folks to Ford and their dealerships. Look at Toyota and Honda, the Camry and the Accord have been around forever, so to speak, with constant evolution of their platform, improvement in quality, and a continuum in the model, hence bringing buyers to them and their dealerships. The Tuarus was the leader in mid size sales, yet Ford just dropped the ball and let it go, thereby relinquishing support for their company.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: kramtrah

Billionaire, it's not the Taurus so much, we are all car enthusiasts to some extent here. Hence this was posted in the off topic area. While some of us are bigger Mopar fans here than others, it's an area where we can talk about the other manufacturers as well.

As for this Tuarus, I just want to see get Ford back in the thick of things here in the US. The past leadership team of Ford killed what was a vehicle and platform that brought folks to Ford and their dealerships. Look at Toyota and Honda, the Camry and the Accord have been around forever, so to speak, with constant evolution of their platform, improvement in quality, and a continuum in the model, hence bringing buyers to them and their dealerships. The Tuarus was the leader in mid size sales, yet Ford just dropped the ball and let it go, thereby relinquishing support for their company.
This pretty much sums it up. We are general car enthusiast and we want to see each one do well and we think that Ford has a chance to be successful again.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Agreed, there is not sense in losing an American motor company to an overseas company that easy. I wish our Detroit brethren well in their quest to make the next great automobile.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.