Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Spy Photos: Future Ford Falcon

Old 04-01-2008, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spy Photos: Future Ford Falcon

DEARBORN, Michigan — Spy photographers continue to spot prototypes of future Australian-built Falcons near Ford's Glass House headquarters here, fueling speculation that Ford of Australia is playing a leading role in the development of Ford's future rear-wheel-drive vehicles in North America.

Inside Line reported last July that Ford's Australian subsidiary is doing much of the initial engineering work on a new family of rear-wheel-drive coupes and sedans for the U.S. for model-year 2012. The automaker's new Global Large Rear-Wheel-Drive Vehicle platform, as it is known internally, is expected to provide the base for the next-generation Crown Victoria, Mustang and Town Car in North America. For Australia, there will be replacements for the Falcon, Fairlane and LTD sedans, and there may also be a new rear-drive flagship sedan for Ford of Europe.

Ford's new RWD platform is being engineered to accommodate both V6 and V8 engines, including the new twin-turbo gasoline direct-injection TwinForce power plants that are being developed in Dearborn, as well as the company's new dual-clutch six-speed PowerShift transmission. Among the TwinForce engines reportedly under development for North America are a 3.5-liter V6 and a 5.0-liter V8.

Last month, Ford of Australia unveiled a heavily face-lifted Falcon, with new exterior and interior architectures and designs, an all-new front suspension, plus new powertrains with more power, more torque and better fuel economy.

What this means to you: Ford needs to lock in a plan soon for the next-generation Mustang, especially with the new Camaro and Challenger breathing down its neck. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor

to see pics and source, go to link
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=125413

Old 04-02-2008, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spy Photos: Future Ford Falcon

I like the Aussies... but that car is not anything I would own. I loved the cars in Mad Max, but these just don't do it for me. If i were Ford I'd do my own, they seemed to have done well with the Mustang.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:05 AM

thats for sue unless they plan on doing a retro mad max car just stick with the mustang
Old 04-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

"Have you driven a Ford lately?" If you guys bring this over here, I might do more than drive one, I might actually own one. I love those Falcons. Do it Ford! Then I can finally take advantage of my uncle's discount.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts