Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

SRT Jeep Road Test

Old 06-30-2007, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SRT Jeep Road Test

Automobile.com tested a 2007 SRT Jeep Cherokee.

I thought that it was amusting to read the driver's description of the SRT after driving the diesel model:

"When I had the chance, I pulled the SRT-8 to a dead stop on a long straightaway, built up my anticipation by waiting for a couple of seconds, took a deep breath and then jammed my right foot down onto the accelerator as hard as I could and enjoyed the range of clichés washing over me as it spit out 100 miles an hour within a few short seconds. Thats right, 100. Normally I would measure its acceleration to 60 mph, but that was gone so fast that I didnt even notice it hit that mark. The only way I can describe it without sounding cheesy is to say it felt like somebody tossed a medicine ball the size of a sofa right at my chest. No other car I drove that day equaled the GC SRT-8s slap-you-in-the-face-and-call-you-its-b!t(h straight line performance.

Once again, I didnt have a chance to do the same thing with a Viper, so there is room for re-education, and of course, if Bugatti or NASA wants to call me up and show me what real acceleration feels like, Id be happy to oblige, but until then, Ill have to let the GC SRT-8 reign as my personal pimp-daddy of acceleration. Im almost inclined to say that it shouldnt be legal because God only knows what kind of behaviour that kind of performance might induce from me if I were ever asked to drive it in traffic. The kind of acceleration developed from its 6.1L Hemi is, perhaps, too much temptation for one as adrenalin craving as I am."