Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
I would get one
12.50%
Nice but I wouldnt buy one
25.00%
Nice but its to expensive
25.00%
I dont like kit cars.
0%
I wouldnt buy one no matter what the price
37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Superperformance GT40 replica

Old 03-01-2008, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superperformance GT40 replica

A quality re-creation of the original that beat Ferrari and finished in the top three positions in the grueling Le Mans 24 Hours in 1966. In developing the exhilarating GT40 continuation, engineers went to great lengths to ensure authenticity. So authentic, that we can legally use the name “GT40”. The GT40 also carries the GT40/P chassis number and is eligible for the official GT40 registry.

The GT40 continuation is built to exacting standards - in fact over two thirds of the rolling chassis's parts are interchangeable with that of an original car, including the 'monocoque" style chassis.

The Superformance GT40 also boasts of a pressed steel roof and beautifully finished body. Current models offered are the MKI and MKII which are available in right and left hand drive.

Add your choice of power (big or small block ) with a ZF/RBT transaxle, and prepare yourself for extreme satisfaction and the ultimate in styling

Price starts at $69,000

Jeremiah That GT you have been craving is closer than you think

http://www.gt40superformance.com/Pho...spx?Albumid=33

Autoblog article

Most kit cars we come across are near faithful representations of their muse. Unfortunately, there's always something a little off about the design that doesn't quite match up with the way we remember the original, and nearly always they're only skin deep, offering up merely the appearance of authenticity with the substance of something much lesser. Superformance, the producers of the best Cobra and Cobra Daytona Coupes replicas in the business, builds something a little more than a "kit car". All of its products are complete factory manufactured rollers minus an engine and transmission. This allows the company to bust a fat right around complex emissions and safety regulations by classifying their products as kit cars, though obviously they're so much more.

One of Superformance's current products is its most ambitious ever: a GT40 so realistic and faithful to the original that it's currently being evaluated for historic racing eligibility. What you're looking at is not a modern tube-frame chassis shrink wrapped in a fiberglass body; the Superformance GT40 MkII has a super rigid steel monocoque chassis that's covered in an all-steel body, just like the original MKIIs that made Enzo weep. Nearly everything is just like the original, right down to the "Gurney bump" in the roof. Of course, concessions were made in some areas in the interests of durability, weight savings and safety, but 90% of the parts are interchangeable with the original GT40 MkII, which is amazing. Most notable differences from the source car include the addition of air conditioning and more modern brakes, along with the fact it comes from the factory as LHD instead of RHD. Since it comes without an engine and transmission, you can drop in any engine that fits, but Superformance recommends a ROUSH 427 motor producing 530 horsepower.

The Superformance GT40 MkII looks as good today as it did back then, although it doesn't hurt being photographed by the excellent snapper, Drew Philips, of Fast-Autos.net. Check out the read link to see a full gallery of shots and read Drew's writeup after driving the GT40 MkII on the street.

[IMG]local://upfiles/374/E308C4EFD5BB4EE396FD12DE09EC6E2A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/374/5C5AFD52AEA04AEEB9A8B85CE9D86C45.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/374/0076E2DC84E34854B36949BF31B69CA5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/374/C8C28783BEDE4209842D7B8E918BE43B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/374/B00E11AABC01488C996D99175FEC582B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Superperformance GT40 replica

Throw a crate hemi in that to piss off the blue oval fans!

Old 03-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

LOL! DS, you and I think on the same wave link. Too expensive. I'd still rather have a Viper anyways.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-01-2008, 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

LOL! Yup, that would tick some folks off.

But, I voted for the its nice but way too expensive for me.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Jeremiah That GT you have been craving is closer than you think
Joeyr, I am all too familiar with these South African kit cars and I have drooled over this one when they first started talking about this design
because it was going to be the Mach II version which is my favorite of the GT40's.

My heart was broked because that $69K price you quoted..........that is the most complete kit car you can buy, but it has no engine or transmission.

By the time you have a great motor and transmission installed you are up to $100K. Unfortunately, that how much GT40's cost these day in a kit car.

So currently my heart is on the Challenger. Thanks for thinking about me.

[sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

That would be an awesome combination.l
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

That would be an awesome combination.l
Especially if you could get the supercharged 540 version that produces over 950hp. That would certainly guarantee victory over any unmodified Ferrari for still about half the price.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts