Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

It sure is quiet!!

Old 03-02-2006, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It sure is quiet!!

The Chagnums are in a different market segment, though..... the Challenger should be targeted at the Mustang; not a loaded up 4 door soccermommobile. If the 6.1/6.4 head north of 40K, they will have a pretty small market share and low sales to correspond with it.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:01 PM

So what your sayin is that it'll be the size of the mustang, a ponycar? Or will it share the same size as the Charger? If its the same size as the Charger, that will be a big price difference between a coupe and sedan. And yes I agree that if they're near, at, or over 40k it will be limited sales.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:09 PM

Top models with the 6.1 should be no more than $35k. 5.7's at $30k. If the pricing is any higher they will definitely lose sales to the Stang and the Camaro when it is released. You must remember that Dodge hasn't had a car in this segment since 1974 so price will be a major factor in drawing buyers back to Dodge in this segment since Ford never abandoned the Mustang and people still remember the Camaro. As beautiful as the Challenger is people are not going to blindly run out and purchase one without comparing what else is being offered out there. Dodge has their work cut out for them in getting back into this market and the one thing they have always had on their side is what you get for your money-value. If they make it a premium to own a Challenger they have made a BIG mistake.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:21 PM

That's where I'd hoped it would be, 30-32k for a nicley equiped Challenger 6.1 and I'm there!!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Racer X

So what your sayin is that it'll be the size of the mustang, a ponycar? Or will it share the same size as the Charger? If its the same size as the Charger, that will be a big price difference between a coupe and sedan. And yes I agree that if they're near, at, or over 40k it will be limited sales.
It should be smaller than the Chagnum, around the same size as the 'Stang, maybe a little larger. Like I said though, two completely different marketing targets for the Chagnum & the Chally. The Mustang/ponycar market is where this car should be targeted.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

I think they will probably price the models similar or slightly less than the Charger with the engine options. The 5.7L I think will be in the $27-30,000, depending on options. The 6.1L will probably be around $32-35,000, again depending on options. If a 6.4L model will probably be around $40,000. It really depends on what badges they would give to them.

R/T will probably cost in the $30,XXXs range.
SRT-8 models $35,000-40,000 range.

I can't guess on how a T/A model would be priced.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-09-2006, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

To be competitive with the Mustang, which it should be, that shouldn't be any more than around 30K, give or take a few hundred. While they might get away with charging a little more than the 'Stang, there are limits to what the general public (ie, non-Chrysler loyalists who will seriously consider this car) will pay. I'd be willing to pay a little more than that, but not by much. They need to keep this in mind when it finally sees production.
Right on track, TeeWJay426!

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

The Chagnums are in a different market segment, though..... the Challenger should be targeted at the Mustang; not a loaded up 4 door soccermommobile. If the 6.1/6.4 head north of 40K, they will have a pretty small market share and low sales to correspond with it.
We are seeing eye to eye on this stuff.

ORIGINAL: deranged

Top models with the 6.1 should be no more than $35k. 5.7's at $30k. If the pricing is any higher they will definitely lose sales to the Stang and the Camaro when it is released. You must remember that Dodge hasn't had a car in this segment since 1974 so price will be a major factor in drawing buyers back to Dodge in this segment since Ford never abandoned the Mustang and people still remember the Camaro. As beautiful as the Challenger is people are not going to blindly run out and purchase one without comparing what else is being offered out there. Dodge has their work cut out for them in getting back into this market and the one thing they have always had on their side is what you get for your money-value. If they make it a premium to own a Challenger they have made a BIG mistake.
I currently drive a Camaro. It's folks like me they need to win back. They can win me back with this styling and performance even if they priced a LITTLE more than the Camaro or Mustang. But not an extra 5 grand!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 02:04 PM

Yeah, but thats what happened to the Camaro, it priced itself out of existence.