Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Taking my final written drivers ed test.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Taking my final written drivers ed test.

Well guys, this is the night I've been waiting for. I'm going to my DE class to take the final test to get my permit to drive. Pray for me. I took the skills test this morning and that was a piece of cake. hopefuly the written portion is easier. i'll report back tonight or tommorow.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:43 PM

Angry It sad day!

I FAILED!
ARRRRRGH!
Most of the stupid questions i missed where about drinking and driving.
DON'T MAKE ME REMEBER STATISTICS! All i need to know is NOT TO DO IT!

BTW does any one know how far out something has to be off the end of you vehicle to have to have a red or orange flang tied on it? Me neither!
Old 04-07-2009, 04:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to say good luck, but I see you will need to retest... so good luck on the retest. I'm praying for you.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:12 AM

Smile

Don't feel to bad, I would bet that most of us would not fair to well if we had to take the written test today. Many facts that you just don't think about "in the real world". Not saying they are not important...just facts you really don't use (or think about) in everyday driving.....
Just rememeber that when you pass (and you will) and you are driving out there...be careful and watch out for the other guy, because he's not watching out for you...
Be safe...
Old 04-07-2009, 03:06 PM

Red face Thanks

Well i'd need to be watching out. Seeming as how i'm lucky to be driving a beautiful 96 Ram 1500 that my dad payed 3K for. I cry if even get a little dent. I was going to detail the Ram today (BEAUTIFUL day outside) but my dad took it to the airport for a buisness trip.
So that will wait. Plus I have homework and i need to study for the retest.

Anyone on here fail the test? a girl in my class never shut up and got 57 wrong!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear about that Tanner. I didn't have problems with mine. I took a coarse over the summer at the local University when I was 16 because my H.S. was in the second year of existence and didn't have a Drivers Ed. program. They did a good job and I excelled. What also helped is I had nothing else competing with my studies on the Driver's Ed. material so I knew it like the back of my hand.

The info is valuable because even if you don't remember it off the top of your head, you need to have it programed in your mind how far back you need to be; however, there is more than just stats. Many people who can do well on written exams seem to have trouble doing something in the real world application which is what matters more. I guess what I'm trying to say is, it doesn't seem fair and it seems like it will take forever but you'll get there. Life has surprises like these and it just takes a while to get through them at times.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-08-2009, 08:28 PM

Man! I guess it's just that feeling you get when the car is right there but out of reach. It's like having a Challenger on order seeing them everywhere and yours is still waiting to be shipped. It's agonizing. Realy all i want to do is get behind the wheel of our Corvette and try and smoke 'em out in the country.(With my dad of course! You pictures of your first burnout right? it's like the first day of school, but a lot less akward and actualy fun.)

Notice the change to the Signature.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Smile One more question?

If you where going to drag race a regular cab 1992 Chevy K1500 with the 5.7 and a 1996 Ram extended cab with a 5.9 Magnum what would you put your money on?

Note: Any drag racing between my friend and I would be at a legal drag strip or drag race event. I'm not that stupid.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:17 PM

Just wanted to post quickly that Saturday is the day. You can commence the praying. I'll need it. Better continue studying. I'll post tommorow if I passed.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:47 AM

A lot of tests are like that...spit out a specific fact, then get out into real world. Dental school and licensing boards are like that. But, it proves at that moment that you knew what you need to know, and from those basics can make the leap to real world. How exciting to be driving on your own.
Steve

Quick Reply: Taking my final written drivers ed test.