Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Is there going to be a 2007 awd dodge charger

Old 11-11-2006, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there going to be a 2007 awd dodge charger

Is there going to be a 2007 AWD Dodge Charger? does anyone know?
Old 11-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Default RE: Is there going to be a 2007 awd dodge charger

according to DCX, yes.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:14 PM

REALLY? I was toying around with the build and price on the dodge site and noticed it had an all wheel drive option. I tought it was only the 300 that was going to have it. so anyways thanks! I wonder what the chances are of having an AWD challenger?
Old 11-11-2006, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For performance reasons, if Dodge should offer this package. Think of what you want your Charger or Challenger to do. You will not be able to spin your tires when you just want to show your tail. So say goodbye to those smokey burnouts. But .... you will launch like you were rear ended by a semi. From a roll you will lose some of your pull and you will be a fatter pig than you already are. So weigh it all out and decide what you are looking for the car to do. It would be a great help for those who live in snowy areas, but since I live in the sunny south, I will get the rear wheel drive. I also like smokey burnouts on occasions. Ya'll take it easy and have nice weekend. Randy.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Administrator

i dont know..ive seen cars such as Evos, skylines, and the older AWD DSMs do some crazy burnouts...

but i dont forsee the challenger being offered as one...and even if they did, i dont know that i would get one...
Old 11-12-2006, 05:23 PM

i went from a blazer (RWD) to a subaru (AWD) and the rear is so much more fun

i miss swinging the tail around

i am hoping to keep the subaru and get a challenger so i can use the AWD in bad weather
Old 11-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

An AWD system is a got-to-have option for RWD vehicles in snowy areas, plus it could be helpful in traction for performance. I'm glad they will offer it in the Charger, the current market demands one. I think it would be a good idea to add one to the Challenger, but I'm not going to hold my breathe.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Administrator

hmm...i currently have two trucks, one bring a ramcharger with NO weight over the rear wheels, and having had it in a very hilly terrain in the SW pittsburgh area, i had no problem getting around in the snow with RWD...the problem is that anymore, people substitute driving ability with AWD...
Old 11-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, let me give you some examples that my family has been through. Back in the late-80s and earily very earily 90s, my parents had an 1982 Olds Cutlass Supreme RWD. Although the snow wasn't too terribly deep, it would take close to an hour just to get from the garage to the road. The drive way we have is not a very big one by any extend of the imagination, it just couldn't get any traction in snow despite the fact that the tires were in very good shape and my father, who grow up on a farm miles from a small town in an area that just had 11 inches of snow at one point last year which isn't even close to a record for this area, my father who drives on back roads all the time, puts 35,000 miles a year just on his company car, who is very experience in snow and icy road conditions still struggled to get it out of the driveway. Then in 1991, we replaced that thing with a Caravan and didn't have problems anywhere close to that again because we don't own anymore RWD cars.

Also my brother tried once to drive without the 4WD on his truck, and after traveling at 10 mph over an S curve, landed in the ditch. After putting it in 4WD, he was able to get out of the ditch without any help. He did have weight in the back for the record.

Back in 2000, my Grandparents needed to go to the store for supplies before Christmas. I don't know how deep it was out there, but despite the fact that my Grandfather had previously plowed the road with his antique WD45, he was unable to get his Dodge Spirit (a FWD car) out of his driveway. He also thought the same as you about 4WD, but if his F150 would have been 4WD, he would have been able to get out of there.

In short, if you don't have any traction in the first place, it doesn't matter how good a driver you are. When you're stuck, you are stuck.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-13-2006, 07:36 PM

Besides the kool burnouts, wouldnt it be better for the car to have AWD for all of that torque? more traction control on the tires right! Asian market is having more cars coming out in AWD drive for the reason of better performance and control.

Quick Reply: Is there going to be a 2007 awd dodge charger