Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

video games

Old 04-28-2006, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: video games

Same here Paladin, my first game into this kind of gaming I like to play was Rainbow Six as well. I am so looking forward for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter to come out on PC. I think it comes out first week of May. Happy Bday to me. I was so pissed when it GR2 didn't come out for PC, they were suppose to but then decided not to. I even had it on order. They said since 3 was getting close to done, they decided not to put 2 out.[:@]
Old 04-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Administrator

i have a coupe FPS..i think that i have a ghost recon game...but i didnt buy it...maybe it was amandas..but im not big on them, except for GTA...
racing games for the win.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

I've been so busy that I lost my interest, but I loved Gran Turismo and the GTA series. Any time I had a bad day, I would play that game and see how much trouble I could cause.[sm=guilty.gif]

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Battlefield 2, Call of Duty 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, and several others....
Old 06-21-2006, 11:15 PM

Hey DF, good to see you over hear. I just got Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. I love the Splinter cell series. I know it has been out for awhile so that is good since it was only about 25 bucks. I know the 4th is out or coming out so by the time I fnish this the price of the 4th will be down.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Hey DevilsReject, glad to see you came over! I can't wait until summer session is over so then I can play Gran Turismo 4 and GTA. I left my systems at home so then I wouldn't get too distracted from my college work.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-22-2006, 09:21 AM
Administrator

we got the new GTA for PS2, and it was fun, but only took about a week to beat the missions..i was hoping for it to be longer.

now im eagerly awaiting the release of the fast and the furious game in late august...yes, im serious. its being released by namco and was developed by genki, and for those who arent familiar, genki puts together some of the best japanese market driving games in the world. dont get me wrong, they are no simulator, but theyre very low cost, and a hell of alot of fun!
Old 06-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

we got the new GTA for PS2, and it was fun, but only took about a week to beat the missions..i was hoping for it to be longer.

now im eagerly awaiting the release of the fast and the furious game in late august...yes, im serious. its being released by namco and was developed by genki, and for those who arent familiar, genki puts together some of the best japanese market driving games in the world. dont get me wrong, they are no simulator, but theyre very low cost, and a hell of alot of fun!
Cool! Are they supposed to be based off of the movies?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Administrator

well, genki was supposed to have released one around the time of the second movie, but it was scraped...i dont know why. my only guess was that genki, which seems to keep their prices very low (all of the genki games that i have were 19.99 new), couldnt afford the licensing rights for the movie without jacking the price...it was especially dissappointing, as the few screen shots that i saw back then showed the opening scene setup form the first movie in the stadium parking lot, but it was with an SRT4 and a 69 charger...so it looked to be mopar-intensive.

now with the new one, namco, who has been making games forever, is partnered with genki...and from screen shots that ive seen, there are using alot of aspects of the movie. something that i read about it said namco intended to add the words tokyo drift, but fearing a flop in the theaters for the new movie, namco opted not to use the last part of the name. however, screen shots show the yellow and black car (which i think is an NSX) from the movie, as well as the gun metal grey 350z, and the old mustang.

heres a comment from a few sites:
Essentially, the open-ended nature of F&F feels a lot like another Tokyo-based driving series, Genki's Tokyo Xtreme Racer series. The setting, of course, is a natural parallel, but there are also the occasional encounters with rival drivers on the Tokyo streets, which you can choose to run at any time. In our experience with the preview build, these encounters didn't come as often as we might have liked, but when they did, they were usually pretty exciting, especially if we were down on horsepower and had to outdrive our opponent, as opposed to simply outmuscling him. As you speed through the Tokyo night, you'll periodically have the opportunity to exit off the main thoroughfares and check out car dealerships, tune your ride at the local garage, or enter local hill races, where your specialized racing skills will be tested. Here, you can challenge a number of local hill-racing experts within several different race types. Grip battles are standard races to the finish line--the first one across the line wins. Touge battles require you to put distance between your opponent and yourself. The most interesting type of race, however, is the drift battles. Forget about finishing first; in a drift battle, your aim is to simply make your car look as cool as possible by pulling off a variety of different drift moves in the races. In a drift race, you score points for each drift you manage to pull off--the longer the drift, or the more steep the angle you take into the turn, the better. The car with the most points at the end of a run wins.
and some pictures. at least there is one mopar.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/381A40FFC90A4C25A22EA917AC59090B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/BD4347AA4F7F4FAEB92FFD3C363026E7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/D68165C139CC40EB8748C6AE53D95D99.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/E570E11260304717A6995F68B154322A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

well, genki was supposed to have released one around the time of the second movie, but it was scraped...i dont know why. my only guess was that genki, which seems to keep their prices very low (all of the genki games that i have were 19.99 new), couldnt afford the licensing rights for the movie without jacking the price...it was especially dissappointing, as the few screen shots that i saw back then showed the opening scene setup form the first movie in the stadium parking lot, but it was with an SRT4 and a 69 charger...so it looked to be mopar-intensive.

now with the new one, namco, who has been making games forever, is partnered with genki...and from screen shots that ive seen, there are using alot of aspects of the movie. something that i read about it said namco intended to add the words tokyo drift, but fearing a flop in the theaters for the new movie, namco opted not to use the last part of the name. however, screen shots show the yellow and black car (which i think is an NSX) from the movie, as well as the gun metal grey 350z, and the old mustang.

heres a comment from a few sites:
Essentially, the open-ended nature of F&F feels a lot like another Tokyo-based driving series, Genki's Tokyo Xtreme Racer series. The setting, of course, is a natural parallel, but there are also the occasional encounters with rival drivers on the Tokyo streets, which you can choose to run at any time. In our experience with the preview build, these encounters didn't come as often as we might have liked, but when they did, they were usually pretty exciting, especially if we were down on horsepower and had to outdrive our opponent, as opposed to simply outmuscling him. As you speed through the Tokyo night, you'll periodically have the opportunity to exit off the main thoroughfares and check out car dealerships, tune your ride at the local garage, or enter local hill races, where your specialized racing skills will be tested. Here, you can challenge a number of local hill-racing experts within several different race types. Grip battles are standard races to the finish line--the first one across the line wins. Touge battles require you to put distance between your opponent and yourself. The most interesting type of race, however, is the drift battles. Forget about finishing first; in a drift battle, your aim is to simply make your car look as cool as possible by pulling off a variety of different drift moves in the races. In a drift race, you score points for each drift you manage to pull off--the longer the drift, or the more steep the angle you take into the turn, the better. The car with the most points at the end of a run wins.
and some pictures. at least there is one mopar.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/381A40FFC90A4C25A22EA917AC59090B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/BD4347AA4F7F4FAEB92FFD3C363026E7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/D68165C139CC40EB8748C6AE53D95D99.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/E570E11260304717A6995F68B154322A.jpg[/IMG]
SWEET! I'll have to add that to my list of "things to buy when I have the money!"

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: video games