Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO CHRYSLER NOW (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/what-will-happen-chrysler-now-1663/)

Paladin06 08-08-2007 05:33 PM

RE: WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO CHRYSLER NOW

Thank you RLSH700!!!

RLSH700 08-08-2007 07:09 PM

You're welcome.

lear4406 08-09-2007 03:13 AM

Wooooo!! I never said I was for socialized health care. I'm quite the opposite. I was just pointing out as to why they went to Canada. I want the big three to stay in the good old USA. But they have to get real about their positioning. I think the folks on the assembly line are overpaid. I don't think theres a reason for them to make that much to be quite honest.

RLSH700 08-09-2007 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

Wooooo!! I never said I was for socialized health care. I'm quite the opposite. I was just pointing out as to why they went to Canada. I want the big three to stay in the good old USA. But they have to get real about their positioning. I think the folks on the assembly line are overpaid. I don't think theres a reason for them to make that much to be quite honest.
My apologies lear, I must have read that too quickly. Though even reading it over again, I can now see what your saying, but it is still a little confusing. hpjunky also appears to misunderstand what you're were saying as well. It was worth mentioning anyways since that is an idea that I hear all the time when they mention the Big Three's woes. Nonetheless, I agree with most of what you said lear.

Your right, I think they are getting overpaid myself especially considering that is a job which requires no formal education yet if you calculate all the benefits including retirement and so forth, they are getting paid between $50-75 per hour. I know tons of people who have positions that require expertise and a college education that don't get paid, even half of that per hour.

The problem is I don't think they can move away from the union areas in this country. I think there are laws that forces them to hire union positions, but I still think they could move the factories in less union focused areas in the U.S. At least there they could possibly get employees who would put in the effort they are getting paid for.

I agree that they should stay as U.S. based as possible; however, I must remind some of you that our countries best customer (buyer of exports) is Canada. If we want them to buy stuff from us, we likewise have to buy things from them.

lear4406 08-09-2007 05:13 PM

I wish there was a way for the unions to see that these workers for their education and money spent for personal advancement are way overpayed. The union is doing its job so to say... but they seemed to have priced the workers out of a career. I don't see how they can compete with a non-union plant. The non union plant pays in wages and compensations really well and can afford to sell their products at a lower price. Quality seems to be there also, all unions do is tie up time and workers. I have had very little contact with union plants, but what exposure I've had seemed time consuming and beurocratic. They wasted more time trying to get the right personel in place than it would be to do the job. Maybe this private Co. that bought Chrysler will be some sanity to the whole deal. I want our car companies to be competitive and finacially strong. But charging us a large markup because they overpay their workers is not the path I want to go down. So, wise up union workers and be honest with yourselves, are you really worth what you are charging your co. Also CEOs and supervisors... do you want this job in 5 years down the line. It may be gone... if you don't get real with yourselves. $55,000 for a car is insane and thats where we are heading.

Jeremiah 29:11 08-09-2007 05:49 PM

All I can say about the Unions, is look at what happened to our steel industry.

RLSH700 08-09-2007 06:58 PM

Many good point, but one thing I must remind you of is it is the dealerships, not the company itself that is causing the mark-ups.

Jeremiah, point well made.

fatcat 08-13-2007 12:22 PM

Dear Mr Moderator ,Geeze I'm sorry but I thought you as moderator of all people would be able to understand that I was merely playing the devils advocate here and asking everyone what they thought about the recent changes at Chrysler Corp as a legitimate subject for this forum. I take serious offense to you accusing me of using "scare Tatics" which is absurb and "accusing " people when I was merely trying to voice my opinion to what some statements of fact may sound like to others . I have no thoughts at all that Chrysler will not build the Challenger and therefore NOT trying to create any "PANIC" whatsoever.As for this being off topic well I don't see it but it seems to me , IN MY OPINION that you move messages anywhere you want if you don't like them which I guess you can do. But I disagreee wholeheartly as if people in this forum wish to voice thier opinions about the question I was posing I'm hopefull that you would see that these changes at Chrysler Corp could well have some impact on the Challenger build that WE are ALL interested in, then it is a proper subject and not " OFF" subject. But your the BOSS so do as you please cause I'm still injoying and having fun with all the Challenger websites that i visit as I patiently wait for the new Dodge Challenger to go on sale so I can buy mine along with everyone else thats a part of this interest group. So hopefully I haven't insulted anyone to seriously or stepped on anyones toes, but I remain a sincere member and Happy waiting to all fot thier new Dodge Challenger, FatCat

[IMG]local://upfiles/412/DD4593386FF04270AA669E94841DDE2A.jpg[/IMG]

RLSH700 08-13-2007 03:51 PM

Okay, now I suggest you see things from my perspective. If you were in fact playing devil's advocate, you could have been a little more obvious about it. The reason why I jumped on you for that is I am aware of the way particular people respond to threads like this. If you so much as hint that there is the slightest possibility that the Challenger will not be produced, they go absolutely nuts. The world is coming to an end and there is nothing you can do to calm them down for at least a month. Most commonly people who post ideas such as your's are doing nothing else than trying to get attention.

The problem with your hinting that the Challenger might not be produced due to this new guy being the executive of Chrysler is that it is simply illogical. A lugitimate representative from Chrysler had just confirmed it on our forum (once again and gave us some futher details). Then you say that it might not be produced when you have absolutely no source or basis to your argument; therefore, you are using a scare tactic to turn people against the new guy because you seem to have a disliking of the new executive. This is completely unnecessary.

If I really wanted to I could either lock this thread after this post or delete the whole thread; however, this has not violated the rules in a way that would warrant such a decision at this point. My reason for moving this to the "Off Topic" section is that it simply has almost nothing to do with the new Challenger. This is really about Chrysler's new executive and the structure of Chrysler; therefore, it is off topic. You may not understand this yet because you are still new to the site and learning what is Off Topic and what falls into General 2008 Challenger Discussions. This is why the older members were happy with me moving it to the Off Topic section, not because they are all against you and your topic but because that is part of the rules. Having this moved to the Off Topic section is not to be taken as an insult, in fact the Off Topic section is one of our most popular sections on the site. If I wanted to move it to somewhere dead, I would have posted it in the Buy and Sell section. Also I provided the link under the General 2008 Challenger Discussion so then the people who agree with your perspective could still find it after I moved it. If I wanted to hush up this section in that way, I would not have provided the link.

I am perfectly happy to hear that your enjoying this site, that is what I like to hear; however, the reason why we have moderators is to keep discussions under control and civil. You may think that I'm being a bully by responding to your thread the way I have; however, I encourage you to look at internet sites that have no moderators (or at least bad ones) like say Youtube and see how uncivil they are. On those sites, people make death threats, rape threats, and other things that should not be accepted over small disagreements and there is no one keeping things under control. On those sites, you have true bullies that cannot be stopped and that ruins a forum for those who want to have a civil conversation. The issue is we have had trouble with newer members from time to time, starting subjects that were counterversial that caused a lot of disruption and fights. This is also why I responded the way I did.

Also your respond to my first post in this thread is nothing other than an attempt to use a martyr mentallity saying that you represent "Freedom of Speech" while you allege that I'm trying to shut you up; meanwhile, you try to shut up cncpt2prod! who happens to disagree with you by "poisoning the well" via accusing him of being bribed to say nice things about this new executive. Also some food for thought, since you believe that Nardeli was passed up for the top position of GE for a good reason, then explain this. Was Bob Lutz passed over for the top position at Chrysler for some good reason or because the people at th

fatcat 08-13-2007 04:35 PM

I'm either speaking in a foreign language or maybe its our age difference . However you just do not get it! For the sake of all that read this I didn't know you took poles onwhat to do with all the different posts an that you find it impossible to understand my last post . You got it TOTALLY wrong and all I can say is "WHATEVER"

[IMG]local://upfiles/412/68849CDC06E142F1A701FA371F8DF567.jpg[/IMG]