Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   What is your gasoline price right now? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/what-your-gasoline-price-right-now-2687/)

RoswellGrey 03-13-2008 10:48 AM

RE: What is your gasoline price right now?

Pardon me if I get back ON TOPIC for a moment. ;)

When I came home last night, the stations that had been $3.07 the previous night and $3.11 earlier that day were back to $3.11. So my 12-gallon purchase when I made it indeed DID save me 48 cents.

TechmanBD 03-13-2008 11:07 AM

I use 91 in 3 vehicles, average here for 91 is $3.75,

I saw the prices of Diesel, above $4.00, one place I saw it was $4.20. [:-]. So if one were to buy a fullsize truck with diesel, it wouldn't be worth it. At least with teh new Fords, they get crap gas mileage. You might as well buy the gas engine.

Albeeno 03-13-2008 11:17 AM

Two days ago it was reported that the avg. national price for a gallon of gas has risen $0.27 in 1 month. Good, n you?

DSkippy 03-13-2008 03:30 PM

Well get torqued up! 'Cause as I'm sure you're aware, we hit an all-time high for oil. Elecetric cars solar panels on your roof! Hug a tree; eat some granola; far out, man.;)

Cuda340 03-13-2008 03:34 PM

Discount stations in southern New Jersey are selling regular for $2.95, mid-grage for $3.09 and premium for $3.19. Our prices are "cheaper" due to lower taxes. By the way, NJ is only 1 of a handful of states where the law requires the attendant to pump the gas.

Dodge Favre ever 03-13-2008 04:32 PM

Price for regular around here is 3.14 to 3.39

Price for premium is 3.31 to 3.57

kramtrah 03-13-2008 05:44 PM

Well, we are up again this week another .05, to $3.57/gal for regular gas.

DSkippy 03-13-2008 07:29 PM

Yeah, Cuda340, about the only thing Jersey's got going for it is cheap gas and Corzine's looking to deep 6 that too w/ a tax hike on it.

lemmy69 03-14-2008 05:21 AM

sooooooo chaeap ......

lets talk about Europe Prices:

In Switzerland you get 1 Liter for 1.80 Franc that's about

1 Gallon = 4 Liters Dollar / Swissfranc is near 1:1

So i get 1.80 Franc x 4 = 7.2 Dollar per Gallon

If i get a Challenger i will let him run only on 4 Zylinders :D thats much cheaper

Axel 03-14-2008 09:01 AM

I'm not sure what the rich politics are seeing, but they are talking about raising taxes when Bush is out of office. Ummm, did I miss something? Our governor here wants to raise our gas tax and our car registration tax. Give you an idea of our registration for our vehicles here, my Mustang was about $500 and something with a couple of months credit on my previous license plates. My wife's car that she just got will be about $100 below that, maybe more with the credit she gets.

Everyday I go out and see the gas go up. From my last post, the very next day it went up from $2.99 to $3.09. I haven't looked at it today, but I don't know if I want to. It's $3.29 in some areas around here.

We have an advantage, and disadvantage, to the elevation here. With our altitude we can usually go to a lower grade of fuel and it will be similar to a higher grade in a lower elevation. For example, if the book calls for 87, we can actually use 85 and have a similar octane. From what I here, most elevations that are lower don't even carry the 85, but I don't know how true that is.

The disadvantage is that we lose a ton of tq/hp which is why I have the whole argument about the Challenger being as fast, if not faster, then the Mustang. It isn't about racing, it's about getting my butt out of the way in this low air high altitude area when a semi is bearing down on me as I'm getting on the highway.

If anyone would like to get an idea of the cities around the country and their gas prices, just go to www.----gasprices.com Where those dahses are, just type in a capital, like Dallas or some other capital. You will be able to choose from a list, on the left and part way down, of other cities around the area. People around the area post the prices when they see them so if anyone would like to contribute to the list they can do so by registering I believe.