Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

What is your second choice?

Old 03-01-2007, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is your second choice?

If they do not produce one I am going to a salvage yard to look for a 300C and strip the body, cut the frame, and have MY OWN Challenger produced. I refuse to have a 2nd choice. They are going to build this car.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, I understand that. The Mini is unique, if space isn't an issue, then more power to you.

The SRT-4 is the only Neon that I have ever considered owning (no offense to any Neon owners out there). If they still made it, I would consider it. The Caliber doesn't fit my taste even in the SRT-4 version.

Your right about the looks, price, and quality of the Aura's interior. My issue is I'm not a Saturn fan per sey. If they would have sold it under the Buick badge, I would be more likely to consider it. The other issue is I'm not sold on the HF engine just yet. Also I like larger cars as well when I'm sedan shopping.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 PM

Hmmmmm....no Challenger? Then I'd have to go with my original plan: A Honda Accord coupe. Might as well get something from a company that will be around for a while.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: awsure

If they do not produce one I am going to a salvage yard to look for a 300C and strip the body, cut the frame, and have MY OWN Challenger produced. I refuse to have a 2nd choice. They are going to build this car.
This is the most interesting response so far. If this would happen, let me know about how much this would cost. I might consider doing this myself.

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Hmmmmm....no Challenger? Then I'd have to go with my original plan: A Honda Accord coupe. Might as well get something from a company that will be around for a while.
Accord coupes are one of the few Japanese designed cars that I respect. My friend really likes his. They have very nice interior. I'm not crazy about some of the powertrain offerings but like I've said about many other things, that's just my very bias opinion for you.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-01-2007, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: awsure

If the chally were not produced or would be too high, I would be crushed. If it comes to it, I guess I'd live vicariously through your homemade chally. Something about your post made me think of the astronaut farmer, lol. But seriously, all of my life I wanted a car like this, I guess to come this far and to be emptyhanded...I dont think there is a word that is strong enough to describe how I would feel.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:28 PM

RLSH700,

here is the link to a gminsidenews article specifying the possibility of a Cadillac CTS coupe coming out. It is contributed by Perian who is a frequent poster. However, the link to autonews is via paid subscription only.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ighlight=coupe
Old 03-02-2007, 08:29 PM

For me, no Challenger no car. I never settle for second best. I get what I want or not at all.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for informing me about that CTS coupe. Sounds interesting.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-03-2007, 11:55 AM

I tend to agree with Paladin06......there isn't a second choice.
They'll build it, and they will come.
[sm=shades.gif]
Old 03-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe that is one reason I babbled and couldn't come up with a good second choice as there no real second choice without sacrifices.

The Challenger has no sacrifices as it is a pure mean American Muscle fighting machine.........and you can quote me on that.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: What is your second choice?