Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Armor All
0%
Blue coral
7.14%
Eagle One
0%
Meguiars
57.14%
Mothers
7.14%
Mr Clean car wash system
0%
Turtle Wax
7.14%
Lanes Car wash products
0%
I make my own or use home cleaners (i.e dishwasher soap, tide, et
7.14%
Other
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Whats your favorite Car Care brand

Old 02-15-2008, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats your favorite Car Care brand

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

I use Meguires all the time. Good stuff
OK, stupid question of the day. I haven't seen the carbon fiber hood up close, but do you just wax it like the painted surface? Thanks for any feedback.
I don't have a carbon fiber hood so I really couldn't tell you.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

I use Meguires all the time. Good stuff
OK, stupid question of the day. I haven't seen the carbon fiber hood up close, but do you just wax it like the painted surface? Thanks for any feedback.
I did some research (i.e, Googled) and the most common response I could find is to have your carbon fiber hood clearcoated. Many come clearcoated alreaqdy and if the challenger would have actuallyt had a carbon fiber good it would most likely be cleared is as well. Without that it might get chipped from pebbles, rocks, etc, and then wash and wax it. These two provide a layer of protection to the carbon fiber just like Primer->Paint->Clear->Wax all cover the bodypanel underneath.

Not sure how accurate this is though. If anyone can verify or dispute this please do.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:16 PM

Thanks for the response. I figured it would be clearcoated but was curious if anyone really knew.

Anyone ever tried a product called Zaino? Corvette owners rave about it. Just curious if anyone here has tried it and what they thought.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:40 PM

Awesome products. I just started using the stuff on my 95 rx7 a few weeks ago and was blown away. First time use is a pain because of the preparation steps involved, but it's well worth it! A Meguires user posted results on the web comparing Meguires and Zaino and concluded they both give the same results. All a matter of opinion and cost I guess.

Thanks for the response. I figured it would be clearcoated but was curious if anyone really knew.

Anyone ever tried a product called Zaino? Corvette owners rave about it. Just curious if anyone here has tried it and what they thought.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 PM

Here's the Zaino vs Maguires test........click here
Old 02-15-2008, 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: jockomikey

Awesome products. I just started using the stuff on my 95 rx7 a few weeks ago and was blown away. First time use is a pain because of the preparation steps involved, but it's well worth it! A Meguires user posted results on the web comparing Meguires and Zaino and concluded they both give the same results. All a matter of opinion and cost I guess.

And ease of getting the stuff. I don't recall seeing Zaino at the local auto parts store where I get my stuff.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:48 PM

Been using Zaino's for three years now - Meguiar's before that.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Guys be sure you don't get confused between wax and polish. A wax makes it shine, while a polish removes scratches by giving it microscratches
that the eye cannot see. They do both protect but are very different forumulas.

I would use a wax on a new car or a car which has a good clearcoat intact.

A polish is better for and older car that needs its paint rejuvenated and scratches removed.

I clearcoat on my pickup truck is in such good condition, I would never use a polish on it. My 1999 Ford Taurus still has a great clearcoat because I wax it 4 times a year.

FYI - I used to use a vinyl wax on my old Challenger and when I sold ( it was 8 years old) it the roof was still shiney and not 1 crack was in it from rotting.
Vinyl roofs were bad about cracking because they would dry rot.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

FYI - I used to use a vinyl wax on my old Challenger and when I sold ( it was 8 years old) it the roof was still shiney and not 1 crack was in it from rotting.
Vinyl roofs were bad about cracking because they would dry rot.
OK, Jeremiah, you've convinced me: the '09 will be Plum Crazy -- with a black vinyl top.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

That would be a very nice color combination. I have not heard about vinyl roofs coming back.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite Car Care brand