Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Fine the way it is
14.29%
Need actual stock engines
85.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Your take on NASCAR

Old 02-14-2008, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your take on NASCAR

Wanted to see if you think NASCAR is fine or needs to change to the actual engines the cars come with.(like in the old days)
Old 02-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Your take on NASCAR

Do it like in the old days.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:47 PM

Not only that, it should go back to using cars like the auto MANUFACTURERS design, not what NASCAR dictates. If I wanted to watch IROC racing, I'd watch IROC racing -- all cars alike, all set up the same. That's why I lost interest in NASCAR several years ago -- when everything about it became fake. At least into the early '90s, cars had to have real hoods, roofs and trunk lids and the rest of the car had to fit in templates from the MANUFACTURERS, not NASCAR.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:50 PM

I agree Roswell, they have really messed up, I also like the old days.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:20 PM

Hope France changes some things in the next coming up years.. but I'll still watch.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, if not the whole body, even the engine would be nice, so that at least you can say the soul of the car, hence Mopar when they can wrestle one away from Hendrick, and the others, won the race. Not some mill produced by a NASA off shoot powered a titanium tubed, "stock car" around the oval.

NASCAR used to drive innovation in performance and safety in production cars...not so much now.

Of course, it would be funny if people started putting their HANS on before getting in their commuter cars every morning.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:56 AM

I can't really say that running stock engines is the answer. Toyota doesn't even produce a push-rod V/8 for passenger cars so NASCAR or is it JAPCAR (I know, not politically correct) lets Toyota develop a completely new engine just for the series? It's now all about BIG money and that's it. It is no longer about the cars or manufacturers and innovation. This is a spec series just like IROC, and they've made this once avid follower a rather disinterested occasional viewer if there's nothing else on tv on a rainy or otherwise crappy Sunday afternoon
Old 02-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: deranged

I can't really say that running stock engines is the answer. Toyota doesn't even produce a push-rod V/8 for passenger cars so NASCAR or is it JAPCAR (I know, not politically correct) lets Toyota develop a completely new engine just for the series? It's now all about BIG money and that's it. It is no longer about the cars or manufacturers and innovation. This is a spec series just like IROC, and they've made this once avid follower a rather disinterested occasional viewer if there's nothing else on tv on a rainy or otherwise crappy Sunday afternoon
What a shame that would be, Toyota would not be able to run. Actually I think they need to run the actual cars they are advertising. I'd like to see an LX platform Charger against a W-body Impala against a Mazda 6 based Fusion, against a Camry with the exact engines and transmission they offer in the production models with no special modification beyond what is reasonable. Then we would see a record rate on a switch over to offering manuals on these cars with these exact engines.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-18-2008, 03:35 PM

The Daytona chargers would be enough to beat all the other cars in NASCAR(if the went to real cars).
Old 02-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DK challenger

The Daytona chargers would be enough to beat all the other cars in NASCAR(if the went to real cars).
At this point, yes. The advantage that the other might have though is cornering. As I have yet to see a comparison between the actual production models (not that I ever expect them to in the first place), the more nimble size might help the weaker models on those twisty tracks like Sears Point. The other thing is the smaller engined cars might not have to take as many pit stops due to their better fuel economy. With that kind of driving the MDS is not likely to be in effect very often.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Your take on NASCAR