Notices
Regional Section Looking for other DC.com members in your area? Have an event or show to talk about? This is your section!

Challenger dinner.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Challenger dinner.

Anyone in the Charlotte area hungry for some good food and a chance to talk Challengers. The weather for 2/7/09 is supposed to be good and the food around Charlotte appeals to all tastes. Let me know if anyone wants to meet somewhere good to eat and talk Mopar.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger dinner.

You're a little to far for me, but maybe some day we can meet up and take our challengers out for a spin.

I do have a good friend that lives close to you, whenever I make a trip down there I'll hit you so maybe we could meet. He lives in Kannpolis somewhere

The weather here in VA is suppose to be nice as well this weekend. I'm getting sick of this cold weather, sorry for anyone in the midwest.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:22 AM

Hi Randy, I live in eastern NC and go up to Cherokee two,three times a year. I want to go see the Petty place. How far are you from Levelcross? I know Richard moved to a new shop. Is the old place still open to the public? The next time me and the wife are up your way maybe we can do the tour and get pics of the Challengers in front of the #43 shop ! take care,Ray
Old 02-06-2009, 03:09 AM

Sunday sounds possible... I'm in Denver, NC. (next to lake Norman) so Charlotte would be good exercise for the SRT. Keep in touch, D.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2175/4B0A10B09F1D481EBAB96E6A04C67D8A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-06-2009, 10:47 AM

Sunday would be good. Let me know where you want to meet and most important where to eat. I'll check back on Sat. jbd 840 you know it. I live right next to Kannapolis and any time your in town drop me a PM and I'll treat you to some awsome BBQ Carolina BBQ is the best 13 sec. I'm not too far from there and would love to get together a meet sometime this year here in the Carolinas. I'm not sure about the Petty place but will find out. That might be a cool place to get some pics.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:31 AM

coyote I drive to McGuire Nuclear Station daily. I'm on hwy. 73 from Kannapolis almost every morning. I have yet to see another Challenger in the area. I have seen a few while riding with others but none while driving my R/T. Do you take your SRT-8 out on regular trips? I travel alot between NC and SC on 85 but I'm in China Grove most weekends and will be hitting alot of car shows this year. Punchys on 29 will be having a Sunday get-together at 1:00ish and I thought I might go by in the Challenger and see whats there. Last week they had some nice rides I heard. Cobras and some old muscle. Come by if you get a chance.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:22 AM

Lear, what town is Punchy's in so I can map it ? All I know is I want to be somewhere with a tv when the Daytona 500 is on. Seems like that is the only race I get to see the whole season unfortunatly.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2175/3BA7520089004D94B6FA59A3467B559E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-16-2009, 03:13 AM

I went by Punchys and my two sons brought their cars too. But no other cars were there. So I think I was missinformed. But we had a good lunch and a nice cruise down hwy. 29. My oldest son has a Magnum SRT-8 and my youngest has a 350 Z. So we at least had a mini show I would like to hook up with a few Challengers and have a nice dinner and some Mopar talk If anyone has an idea for this weekend I'm game.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:25 AM

I will let you know, when I decide to make the trip down there. I might just hop on my bike and make a weekend trip out of it.

I will be going to the outer banks in a couple of weeks (we have to do some house cleaning before the renting season) to bad that's not anywhere near your area.

Your family seems a lot like mine, when we decide to take our hot rods out, there's always a mini cars show. Although my challenger is the slowest of the group it gets the most attention, so it evens the playing field IMO.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:23 AM

Yeah let me know when your in or planning a trip. If your the slowest... then thats fast company We have 10 cars and all are performance oriented. Have fun at the outerbanks and enjoy the nice weather.