Notices
Regional Section Looking for other DC.com members in your area? Have an event or show to talk about? This is your section!

Texas

Old 12-18-2008, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Texas

I have 10,500 miles on her. I expected to put 10k per year on the car, but I have only had it 6 months. I have only done 2 nasty burnouts in the car, but I spin them everytime behind the wheel.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:34 PM

WOW!!! Do you commute? Ours is still a toy - she likes it in the garage when it is raining and when good parking might not be available, etc. Which tires did you get on your SRT? Are you going to stay with Good Year?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:54 AM

I live in West, so I drive 50+ miles per day. I also travel in the Fall for work.

I opted for the upgraded F1s. They were awesome in the Summer, but hate the colder Fall and Winter roads. I am getting new tires next week and will not be getting Goodyears. I am going to get the widest tires that will fit.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:59 AM

I live in Mansfield. Fixing to move to North Richland Hills. Mine is An R/T Black on black 6 speed manual. I love it!
Old 12-21-2008, 06:03 PM

Hey Steve -
Good luck on the move to NRH - We have the black SRT 6spd and love it - I guess you guys in the metroplex have more options when it comes ot aftermarket or latemodel accessories. Let me know if you find any places you like.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:33 PM

Just got mine, so i don't know yet. It got rearended 8 days after I bought it. So it is in the body shop now.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:37 AM

Dang... sorry to hear that Steve. Seems people get caught up in gawking over the Challenger and lose all focus on thier driving. No doubt we will witness more of this type of thing... [&o]
Old 12-23-2008, 03:45 AM

Not to mention all the yahoos we have to put up with on Texas roads. Likely, the bozo didn't even know there was a car there, let alone a Challenger. [&:]
Old 12-27-2008, 06:06 AM

Dang Steve
I just read that about the rear end 8 days after purchase - That stinks! DFW driving is something else. Austin and SA can be crowded, but DFW mixes up a very wide variety of driving abilities (or lack there of). Hopefully North Richland Hills will be better - but it is pretty crowded there too.

Not to add insult to injury - but how bad was the damage - I would anticipate that the Chally would hold up well depending on the speed at time of impact. I hope whoever is doing the work has a delicate touch and attention to detail. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:47 PM

Wishing good riddance to 2008... had a lot of challenges (NOT Challengers) this year, but hoping things will go better in 2009! In addition to losing a lot of $$$ in the Stock Market like a lot of folks, 2008 presented me with some chronic health issues, and the year was recently topped off by a body shop that ripped me off for over $10K!

Sooooo, I decided to start off 2009 by FINALLY getting a new Challenger! I was amazed at the local dealers that continue to have "market adjustments" of $3000 to $5000 on the R/Ts & SRTs, and even the SEs!!! Some, like Alliance Dodge hide the MAs as mandatory "Dealer Option Packages"... forcing the buyer to pay $750 to $1000 for trinkets like trunk mats, car covers, & sill plates.

I was on the verge of buying from an out of state dealer, when I noticed that local dealer Meador Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep had eBay auctions for a sizable (over 20 units) inventory of Challengers. Their ads stated they offered discounts on Challenger R/Ts and straight MSRP pricing on Challenger SRTs.

I called and talked to Tim Wooley at Meador CDJ over a month ago, but was tied up with work at the time, so did not make it by until yesterday. Tim was great to work with, but we quickly determinined they did not have the a good match for me because I did NOT want a sunroof... So Tim hooked me up with Lyon Alizna (their Internet Sales guy) who quickly found a good match in Waco and had a dealer exchange setup after we agreed on a price. The dealer to dealer trade occured this afternoon, and I took delivery this evening (New Years Eve) at about 7:30 PM...

Here is my new 2009 Challenger SRT / Automatic / Tor-Red...

XS

Edit: Looks like the picture is not showing up... I will try again later (maybe tomorrow)

[IMG]local://upfiles/56/41CD433AE2E64C3FB72DB4F4561FD214.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Texas