Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Is the 2003 Cobra Terminator the king of the street?

Old 12-03-2006, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 2003 Cobra Terminator the king of the street?

This video is amazing. It shows the Terminator beating everything on the street. There are at least 10 races on this video alone. A Must See if you like AMERICAN MUSCLE!!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/toprate...3ce6135921.htm
Old 12-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Default RE: Is the 2003 Cobra Terminator the king of the street?

meh..im not impressed. all that video shows is that a HEAVILY modified vehicle can beat hand picked opponents.

roll racing is for people who cant launch.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:04 PM

I'm not going to argue with you bro because I'm sure you have plenty of racing/moding experience. I was impressed with the Cobra! There were a few different Cobras smoking those cars not just one modded one.

A few races were from a dead stop. I think that rolling starts would only help vehicles that needs to wind up the rpms, such as small displacment imports. I would think that domestic muscle, with all that torque, would have the advantage from a dead stop. What I'm saying is that I think it is even more impressive that the Cobra was smoking those cars from a rolling start.

What do you think of the 03 Terminator? I'm sure you have seen them at the track.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Administrator

ive seen both HEAVILY modified terminators, and stock terminators...and ive seen some of both that impress, and some that dont...

ive seen guys with very lightly modded, and well driven terminators run mid 12s, but ive also seen them poorly driven in the mid to high 13s...

ive also seen HEAVILY modded terminators with awful drivers and a ton of excuses run low 12s, and ive seen similarly modded terminators run in the low 9s...

it comes down to the driver, and the reason that so many of them run from a roll, is that with the IRS, it is hard to launch hard, evidently...ive never driven one. there are some badass terminators out there, but there are also some mouthy dyno queens who dont know how to drive, and they just have that car to make up for their social and personal inadequacies.

i love how terminator owners go on about how when modded, they can beat a viper...thats like me saying that i can beat terminators, although my car is heavily modified...and the ones that i have beaten were fairly stock.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:21 PM

What is the IRS bro? If I asked the mustang guys they probably would bash me for not knowing. Many stang owners seem to get agitated by that stuff, like not knowing what a 2.8 upper is or the different note made from an x or h pipe! lol
Old 12-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Administrator

a 2.8 upper is a change of the drive pulley on the supercharger...

IRC is independant rear suspension

as for the tone of an x pipe of h pipe...i would think that youd get more sounded from an x pipe, especially if its uncatted...ive never dealt with one of either.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:37 AM

Thanks bro! What is the problem with Independent Rear Suspension on a Cobra? Seems to be a complaint.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Administrator

the problem with IRS isnt unique to the cobra...its an issue of all cars with IRS.

take for instance when someone is doing a burnout. what is happening when you do a burnout is that the tires are overpowering the suspension and lifting just enough for them to spin. some cars, such as the mirada put a "differential snubber", which attatches to the underside of the floor and when the diff. lifts away from the ground, it hits the rubber snubber, forcing it back down. with IRS, there is no way to prevent the tires from lifting under hard throttle, so instead of the tires trying to turn and being forced down by the suspension/snuuber/weight of the rear assembly, they move up and down much more freely, and make it much harder to launch.
IRS is great for cornering, because when i go into a turn with the mirada and the body leans, the rear axle will lean with it, which means that the traction surface of the tire is also on a angle, thus not making full contact, lessening the traction. however, with IRS as the car leans, the tires move independant of each of other, allowing them to keep more contact to the road. however, from a dead stop, launching is hard because there is too much "give" to each of the rear wheels.