Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/)
-   -   Comments on what I saw at the Dallas Auto show (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/comments-what-i-saw-dallas-auto-show-223/)

Jeremiah 29:11 04-10-2006 05:23 PM

RE: Comments on what I saw at the Dallas Auto show

This is a simple picture of the Front of the Challenger. Kind of like a mug shot of this "Bad Boy".

This is one of my favorite pictures that I took at the Dallas Auto Show but do not know why since it only show the front of the car.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/77CA5B89AA584B11A88AE9891F4766C0.jpg[/IMG]

Jeremiah 29:11 04-10-2006 05:30 PM

An interesting comment was made at the Dallas Auto Show.

If the NY Auto Show is this week and the Atlanta Auto Show is at the end of April which is the last show, is it possible we could hear some news at the end of May about future plans
for the Challenger.

I wonder.

MGDMike 04-11-2006 03:45 AM

Man this sucks!! I couldn't make it out there! Wonderful, no, outstanding and superb pics!

Jeremiah 29:11 04-11-2006 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

Man this sucks!! I couldn't make it out there! Wonderful, no, outstanding and superb pics!

Hi MGDMike

Thanks for the compliment. I just love taking pictures of cool vehicles and talking about them.

Jeremiah 29:11 04-11-2006 11:08 PM

Here is a better look at the radio/air conditioning system and toggle controls.

Simple, clean and but not too elaborate or hard to use. However, it does need a 2.5mm audio jack to plug in a universal mp3 player
or any other external audio source.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/D0035E41E3724B26A4B40D4556D4C157.jpg[/IMG]

1 Bad Mirada 04-12-2006 11:38 AM

the only thing that i dont like about the layout of the AC/radio controls is that it will be very difficult to change to an aftermarket head unit...i dont care about that kind of thing, but alot of people do.

Jeremiah 29:11 04-12-2006 05:18 PM

Hopefully it will be a good enought quality where you will not need to do that for a while.

On the other hand, all of my Taurus cars had the same problem with an oval radio/a/c configuration and there are aftermarket
companies who provide the same oval panel configuration for the controls but have a rectangular cut out for a radio.

The actual Taurus radio is in the trunk.

They will probably do the same thing here. See the aftermarket kit below.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/5FFCF351E0B74405B09B2ADF5FF62A25.jpg[/IMG]

TechmanBD 04-12-2006 06:34 PM

Well, because of this type of stereo systems, alot of companies are coming out with signal processors that you hook the speaker outputs to, processes, equalizes and cleans the signal and send it through rca jack(low level) that you put into an aftermarket amp.

JL, AudioControl, Alpine and Rockford Fosgate. I am sure there are more out there, but haven't looked into it that far.

This is what I am looking into, because I want to keep the stock look.

1 Bad Mirada 04-12-2006 07:21 PM

i have no idea what you are talking about...can you dumb this discussion down any? stereo stuff is fairly foreign to me.

TechmanBD 04-12-2006 07:43 PM

its a box. Simple enough for ya?[8D]

Anyways, you take the speaker wires from the factory stereo and plug into box. Box cleans sound. then hook wires to amp from box.