Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/)
-   -   INTERIOR PICS!! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/interior-pics-2470/)

Jeremiah 29:11 02-10-2008 11:35 AM

RE: INTERIOR PICS!!

Yep, I agree. That exactly what happened to me when I saw the concept in person.

Pictures do not do them justice.

I want to see a black and plum crazy one in person.

RRUNNER 02-11-2008 03:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

Yep, that steering wheel has got to go >_<

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2353/interiorsqg2.jpg
Is the display screen and mygig standard or do you need to get the nav system to get mygig and the touch screen?

mopar2ya 02-11-2008 06:19 PM

The MyGig w/Nav is the stereo upgrade option which includes the touchscreen and a DVD based navigation system. It also has a 20 GB hard drive to upload all your favorite music to. The standard equipment stereo is AM/FM 6-Disc CD MP3 Radio (w/out touchscreen or nav).

Maybe somebody has pics handy to show the difference? Cheers!

IndigoCrush 02-12-2008 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

I just came from the Philly Auto Show. The photos of the Challenger do not do it justice. The grill and tail-light treatments really add to the retro look.

When you see the car in person, who get a very bad case of Challenger fever and forget all of the little nit-picking things like the guages, rams head emblem, windshield washer nozzles, etc. All you want to do is drive it home! :):)
I believe that. I watched the Chicago reveal on the internet and was VERY impressed. This car is sweet and really there's aspects of the production interior that I like better than the concept. I really like the black interior and the large gauges and consoles are pretty cool. Besides, you have to remember, they are keeping it retro [8D]

JJMPB 02-12-2008 11:12 AM

i like the dash in the production car as it goes into the passenger side better than the concept

awsure 02-12-2008 11:38 AM

Huh? Who cares? I am driving this baby...not riding shotgun. The Charger interior is fine for the Charger...give me the concept. I do not care if it is an upgrade package. I will buy it.

ALL Leather seats, pistol grip shifter, metallic finishes, cylinder head designs, trapezoidal shapes, 3 post steering wheel...all of it!

JJMPB 02-12-2008 11:58 AM

why would you drive something you don't like there not gonna change the interior so guess your outta luck

Justinec101 02-12-2008 12:03 PM

Some fixes I made. Honestly all I care about is the steering wheel and the shifter. Guages are fine with me and I can take care of the vents later.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/386...vementsgf5.jpg

Justinec101 02-12-2008 12:05 PM

damn forgot to do the other air vent. oh well.

DSkippy 02-12-2008 02:43 PM

Nice chop, Justin. I bet swapping out a wheel w/ an airbag is a tricky proposition? Anyone know of any who have?

70sguy 02-12-2008 03:08 PM

During the Chrysler reveal the speaker, said the telemetry 0-60 would be in the car. Will this be in the information center, not likely.I believe the dash will change to reflect a cylinder head, telemetry will be there, steering wheel will be a 3post as well. Don't forget the word pre-production. Plastitech was having cash flow issues, which has now been resolved. I believe the pre-production interior is what they could have ready for the pre-announced reveal. The items most are concerned with are merely trim accessories or add-ons. Supposedly there were only (4) of these pre-production models available for the (2) car shows. I may be wrong, i've been fooled before, but I still have faith until I have a VIN #, and actually see the true production of the interior.

Justinec101 02-12-2008 03:18 PM

I really don't think dodge would have all those photos on the website if they were planning any major changes. The only thing they could reasonably change at this point is the shifter on the automatics and the steering wheel. Both of which they NEED to do. I wouldn't expect any major redesigns of the dash or anything.

Personally I think they're just trying to get rid of crates of steering wheels leftover from the axed magnum.

Paladin06 02-12-2008 04:26 PM

Nice job!!

kramtrah 02-12-2008 05:37 PM

That steering wheel from the concept does look sweet on the production interior. You got the pistol grip shifter too. Now, who or how difficult to make those mods on the your own vehicle. Pistol grip, simple, steering wheel, well, might be outta luck since it was only a concept config, but it does look great.

mopar2ya 02-12-2008 05:41 PM

Anyone know if the pistol grip is an easy bolt on item?

Justinec101 02-12-2008 05:54 PM

For the manual I'm sure. For the automatic, might be more complicated.

Justinec101 02-12-2008 05:56 PM

Actually. . . does the charger not have a button you hold in to shift on the automatic? Doesn't look like it so maybe it'd be easy either way.

mopar2ya 02-12-2008 05:58 PM

Seems I remember reading somewhere about an interference issue with the pistol grip on the auto... can't remember where. Anyone else know about interference issues?

joeyr 02-12-2008 06:23 PM

If they dont put the three spoke I am sure that an aftermarket will, make big $$ doing so. Also, I would prefer to have the silver gauges on the SRT model with R/T

Justinec101 02-12-2008 07:00 PM

I think someone said something about it not working because the pistol grip tilts forward and would bump into the radio. . . didn't make much sense to me. . . just make it 90 degrees.

Yeah I'm sure there will be an aftermarket replacement for the steering wheel, I'd just worry about the air bag issue. I'm sure as hell not trading an airbag for a better looking steering wheel that doesn't have one.

70sguy 02-12-2008 07:35 PM

I don't see any major changes. Cylinder block would be just a trim piece. where is the telemetry I know I heard the dude state it was part of the production during the reveal, is it in the info system or will it be on the dash like the concept? Steering wheel is just a bolt on. Trapozoid is definitely out and chrome radio in concept looked way too cheap anyway.

Jeremiah 29:11 02-12-2008 07:46 PM

Will this telemetry work for you?

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/3EB48EAED6244D4A9A9B45FFD1ACA354.jpg[/IMG]

nonsensez9 02-12-2008 08:30 PM

At least they got the tach on the right side.

Jeremiah 29:11 02-16-2008 09:30 AM

Developed by Chrysler`s in-house performance engineering organization, the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 was engineered with a focus on the five pillars of every SRT vehicle:

1. bold exterior design that resonates with the brand image,

2. a race-inspired interior,

3. world-class ride and handling across a dynamic range,

4. a standout powertrain and benchmark braking.
This is not complaining but feedback to Dodge. I could see them put a a little more racing inspiration and perspiration into #2 above.

I do love their SRT branding statements above though.

kramtrah 02-16-2008 10:41 AM

While I would have loved the concept interior but also recognize the finacial side of business and making it affordable to the masses using an interior from the existing parts bin, I believe too that the whole race inspired interior could use some work. Please Dodge, listen to those who love your brand and what is represents with the Challenger. Afterall, it is us who are the ones to be pleased. Knowing that nothing will occur that quickly within this year, hopefully 2010 and beyond will be more race inspired than what we have.

mopar2ya 03-03-2008 06:01 PM

The current economy and the direction fuel prices are headed may end production after a short run. I would bet the next generation of Challenger will be very different in form and stature, requiring a new interior. I would bet we will be seeing a much smaller Challenger, if Dodge decides to carry on the name, that will be reminiscent of the industry during the fuel crisis period of the mid seventies. So Yeah... interior will likely be very different... along with the rest of the car... [sm=sigh.gif]

MrKrisSullivan 03-03-2008 06:22 PM

ummm yeah 6,000 people aren't going to keep buying an interior that should be in a hyundai each year for 40 grand. I know we all want performance but lets get real this interrior is something that should be dwarfed by something a lot better. Maybe this should be the r/t trim stock and bring the concept back for the SRT.

kevin2323 03-03-2008 08:26 PM

so much complaining about the interior.... the seats are really nice the dash is the only bad thing but if you complain about the seats your blind... the seats are leather and laced soooo nice and cockpit style cant wait to be sitting in mine.

joeyr 03-03-2008 09:13 PM

i would happy if they had more silver accents like the concepts. At least some more around the shifter. Though i am sure some aftermarket companies will be making something for this as well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/374/584E2BDF62694A959A77B8086F0D8BD1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/374/B3A7CDEE8BC0465EB420DE25138E77AE.jpg[/IMG]

awsure 03-04-2008 12:02 AM

No...the interior falls well short of the concept. It is not very good at all. The seats are 1/2 leather 1/2 cloth. The PISTOL GRIP SHIFTER is gone!!! Why is everyone so apologetic? Call it like it is...weak.

Billionaire 03-04-2008 02:21 AM

>>The current economy and the direction fuel prices are headed

Don't believe what the news media says about the economy.
They try to make everything look bad because bad news grabs
the attention of the public. So they give us nothing but bad news
and they're always trying to make the economy look bad. But
my sales and profits from my business are always rising because
there are always lots of things I can do to increase my sales.
February was supposed to be a time of low sales in my business
field, but I am selling more now than I did during the Christmas
season because of new products I created! Plus I am about to
create a new web site which will massively increase my sales!
So the "economy" is totally irrelevant to me. If you believe what
the news says about everything being so bad, you're going to be
in trouble. It'll have a negative effect on your life. Your mental
attitude determines what kind of life you have, so you have to
keep a positive mental attitude if you want to have a GOOD life!
Negative people have lousy lives. That's a proven fact. What you
believe about yourself and the world become self-fulfilling prophecies.
You make your beliefs come true, so you should believe that good
things will happen.

I think this world is awesome.
There is unlimited wealth in the universe.
There is no shortage of anything.
There is abundance of everything.
Your life is what you make it.

I would like to NUKE every TV news show there is.
They feed the public a lot of negative garbage!
Nothing but death, war, murders, false reports about "bad economy" and other lies and garbage.
I actually believed those jerks when I was in my early 20's and it was very bad for me.
It made me very angry back then and wasted my time.