Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/)
-   -   Latest Spy Shots!! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/latest-spy-shots-1679/)

RoswellGrey 10-14-2007 10:06 PM

RE: New Spy Shots from Las Vegas Dealers Convention!

Oh...and the Ram's Head has GOT to go. I'm not buying a truck. It needs to say D-O-D-G-E up there. ;)

[IMG]local://upfiles/148/CC8CD2437BA743D78BE69A2EF9BF9AFD.jpg[/IMG]

Plum70Rag 10-15-2007 08:53 AM

And, as an owner of a '70... They put the reverse light in the MIDDLE -- right where it belongs!

jh27n0b 10-15-2007 10:27 AM

I also am in favor of the tail lights and the grille. The ram on the hood does need to go. Hopefully it can easily be removed and replaced with the DODGE letters.

Bob

hemicuda 10-15-2007 10:45 AM

As an old school Mopar musclecar owner and enthusiast, I am super excited about seeing these new pictures. I know some will disagree about some of the changes from the concept, but I think it looks awesome. Just remember guys, this is not a 1970 Challenger, so it's not going to be EXACTLY the same. I remember seeing the original design concepts and their goal was to take items that people really liked about the original and incorporate that into the '08 model. So far, I think they're dead on target.

RLSH700 10-15-2007 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Yep, like I always tried to tell everybody.....the "B" pillar issue will go away when you look the the Challenger as a whole.

Awesome looking car!
You were correct! I can hardly tell any difference. The air scopes do appear they will be functional as it appears their is an air intake shown on the Challenger concept that was never offered on any of the LX cars.

RoswellGrey 10-15-2007 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: hemicuda

... This is not a 1970 Challenger, so it's not going to be EXACTLY the same.
True. I just want to make it MORE like a '70. :D

Cuda340 10-16-2007 03:35 AM

From what I have heard, the hood scoop will not have buterfly valves and be functional like the concept car. It will be similar to the one on the Charger SRT (i.e., it will direct cool air over the enngine and the manifolds). Probably a cost-cutting move. [:@]

Cuda340 10-16-2007 04:06 AM

Has anyone seen this spy shot from CA? It shows the B pillar and gives a peek at the instrument panel. The guages look like they may be similar to the concept's.

See:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../FREE/71015005

Albeeno 10-16-2007 12:43 PM

The Dodge Challenger will come out in March as a ’08 model. The first batch of Challengers, about 5,500 units will all be SRT8s with automatic gearboxes priced at around $38,000. In July 2008, Dodge will begin production of the ’09 models which will be offered with three engine choices: 3.5L V6, 5.7L V8 and 6.1L V8 HEMIS.

Way to drop the ball Chrysler by not offering a manual tranny!

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/10...roduction.html

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

While the butterfly valves on the scoops may be missing, I can easily see them adding it.

Either way as far as I know those are fully functional hood scoops that feed the EFI and not just cool the engine like on the Charger.

Nice pictures! Thanks for posting. Just a validation how good the production will look compared to the concept.

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

1970 front grill, old school T/A rear deck spoiler, much better looking wheels.
I just wish I could've gotten some "hi-res" pics to post, but this is FAR better than what we've had so far - pics with bra's/tents covering the production cars.
[:'(]
I want that car (yeah, maybe even in that color), and what I see in the pics tells me I don't have to find a set of "retro" Cragar Mags to fit it, or a duck-tail/flip spoiler from an aftermarket company. It's really close to what I imagined doing to the appearance already.
Yeah, the b-pillar is there, but it looks like it's restricted to "behind the glass" and doesn't look bad at all, so that isn't an issue for me anymore - besides, no one will see it after I tint the glass.
;)
I think the only issue (in MY mind) is what the production numbers and resulting dealer markup will be. I STILL won't pay over MSRP, so Dodge better make a BUNCH of 'em....... I know there are quite a few "presold" from what I see and read in this forum.

Oh, and lear4406 ........ close your drapes, please.
:D

RLSH700 10-16-2007 01:30 PM

I'm going to say that I don't completely buy the argument that there will be no manual gearbox. I have read plenty of other rumors from a variety of different sources that state otherwise. I'm sure we will probably see a six-speed Tremec in the future.

I don't see the real problem with the Dodge badge with the Ram logo in it on the Challenger. Just about every car Dodge has made for a while has had the same logo. My Intrepid has it and it sure as heck isn't a truck. I wouldn't let a logo stop me from buying a car that I like. The problem I can see with spelling out Dodge is that I have observed that those letters on new cars have a few problems. The paint peels off of the letters and it looks really bad when that happens, and the letters get broken. I prefer the Ram logo, or I'd gladly have them place the venom/Viper logo on as well.

BootCamp 10-16-2007 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

The Dodge Challenger will come out in March as a ’08 model. The first batch of Challengers, about 5,500 units will all be SRT8s with automatic gearboxes priced at around $38,000. In July 2008, Dodge will begin production of the ’09 models which will be offered with three engine choices: 3.5L V6, 5.7L V8 and 6.1L V8 HEMIS.

Way to drop the ball Chrysler by not offering a manual tranny!

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/10...roduction.html

I didn't see anywhere in the above or the link(s) where there would not be a manual transmission in the Challenger.

The ONLY thing I've heard that excludes the 6 speed manual transmission is the "initial" 5500 units in the 2008 model year. The only reason I put stock in that is because it comes from reliable sources (more than one).

EVERY indication that I've seen/heard/read is that Chrysler will make the 6 speed Tremec available AFTER the initial 5500 2008 models. Why would they fit a 6 speed to the production car in Vegas if it wasn't at least "in the works"? That would be a huge waste of time and resources, which makes no sense to me. I can't see Cerberus doing that.

RoswellGrey 10-16-2007 05:29 PM

Not that I would care the slightest to get a manual transmission (hey...the car's gonna cost MORE than $30,000 -- I dunno about all you independently wealthy heirs or lottery winners, but for that much money, I think it should come to me when I whistle), but everything I read early on about the Challenger was that it was going to be on the LY platform, not the current LX. Now, though, stuff I've read indicates it's going to be on the LX ... which is to be replaced in '09 by the LY. Everything I've read about the LX platform is that it will NOT accommodate a manual transmission, which is why one was never offered in the Charger. If they're going to switch to the LY platform for the '09 models but are currently using the LX, maybe that's why all the '08s are going to have automatics.

MFIllini5 10-16-2007 09:16 PM

And so are the SRT-8's 6.1's?

BootCamp 10-17-2007 01:29 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Not that I would care the slightest to get a manual transmission (hey...the car's gonna cost MORE than $30,000 -- I dunno about all you independently wealthy heirs or lottery winners, but for that much money, I think it should come to me when I whistle), but everything I read early on about the Challenger was that it was going to be on the LY platform, not the current LX. Now, though, stuff I've read indicates it's going to be on the LX ... which is to be replaced in '09 by the LY. Everything I've read about the LX platform is that it will NOT accommodate a manual transmission, which is why one was never offered in the Charger. If they're going to switch to the LY platform for the '09 models but are currently using the LX, maybe that's why all the '08s are going to have automatics.
I understood the same as you about the LY platform. Don't know what you've read/heard about the '08's being on the LX platform - not sure how they can do that with differing wheelbase, or why they'd do that - just to retool after 5500 models are made?
Unless someone on the assembly line floor knows different, I was under the impression that the Challenger would ONLY see the LY platform, and the reason for the delay in Manual transmissions is the completion of testing mating it to the 8 cylinder Hemi as opposed to the 10 cylinder Viper motor.

ORIGINAL: MFIllini5

And so are the SRT-8's 6.1's?
Everything I've heard/read for at least the first model year (2008) is yes, the 6.1 will be the biggest engine offering.

Guys, I don't work for Chrysler. All I'm saying is I haven't heard anything reliable or official to refute the original information Dodge issued in 2006, and that was the Challenger WOULD have a manual transmission. I'm not jumping to any conclusions because of omissions in leaked information.

RoswellGrey 10-17-2007 03:54 AM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

I understood the same as you about the LY platform. Don't know what you've read/heard about the '08's being on the LX platform - not sure how they can do that with differing wheelbase, or why they'd do that - just to retool after 5500 models are made?

That's what I couldn't figure out. What I heard was in relation to the Challenger being produced at the Canadian plant alongside the Charger and the Magnum ... which, of course, use the LX platform for now. Two or three times I've seen references to how it would help speed assembly, etc., because all the cars would share the same platform. Maybe I was reading too much into that, thinking that all the 2008 models -- including the Challenger -- would share the LX platform then switch to the LY. Admittedly, I have no idea how much retooling would have to be done to fit the top of a Challenger onto a different platform. A lot, I assume.

Jeremiah 29:11 10-17-2007 03:39 PM

All the 2008 and 2009 models made in 2008 are on the LX platform.

Cuda340 11-10-2007 09:47 AM

New spy shots of a Challenger mule at a rest stop on I-70 in Ohio. See:

http://moose135.smugmug.com/gallery/3802887#219483081

Jeremiah 29:11 11-10-2007 11:55 AM

Interesting that the exhaust pipes are round going through rectangular holes. The gas cap on one of the two mules is sticking out
while the other appears to be flat as if these are two different body style cars. Bring on the racing cap!

I enjoy looking at these spy pictures.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/5551D181246F4DF4B85785F658AAF879.jpg[/IMG]

Cheekie 11-10-2007 03:45 PM

These are two differnet cars for sure. Check license plates; two different states or two different countries the white plate could be Ontario.

Plum Crazy 08 mopar 11-10-2007 04:44 PM

Interesting that the exhaust pipes are round going through rectangular holes.
It does make one think and hope and pray 4 the rectangular exhaust tips.

The gas cap on one of the two mules is sticking out
while the other appears to be flat as if these are two different body style cars. Bring on the racing cap!
i ain't sure if its diffrent or just a fold in the tarp, but we can allways hope!

joeyr 11-12-2007 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

New spy shots of a Challenger mule at a rest stop on I-70 in Ohio. See:

http://moose135.smugmug.com/gallery/3802887#219483081
This website has very high quality pics, thanks for the post. Do you guys think we can confirm silver, red, black, and challenger orange from other spy pics?

DSkippy 11-12-2007 06:16 PM

Do mules ever end up on the block at BJ auctions? I watch them from time to time, but I haven't seen them. Just curious.

Cuda340 12-01-2007 10:49 AM

leftlane news.com has a good compilation of all the Challenger mule photos, as well as the recent "boot-legged" cell phone shots. See:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-challenger.html

dodgeit100677 12-01-2007 11:20 AM

Did anyone else notice that the dash in the photos look very similar to the concept? :D

http://moose135.smugmug.com/gallery/...19482558-XL-LB

Jeremiah 29:11 12-01-2007 06:52 PM

Yes we have seen it and there was another mule car that led us to believe there were two versions.

You will probably find them under Spy Shots on this forum.

Rich Knapp 12-13-2007 11:04 AM

The door pulls are changed. but thats ok 3rd tail light has to go lol

jdb840 01-09-2008 07:53 AM

i found these pics from another site. The guy said he took them yesterday, I think. I can't wait to see the actual production challenger in a couple of weeks. But until then pictures like these is all we have to go on.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

[IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...Watermark2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...Watermark1.jpg[/IMG]

DSkippy 01-09-2008 11:42 AM

Wow....silver looks much better than I thought it ever could....and wow they weren't kidding w/ the invisible B pillar........

1 Bad Mirada 01-09-2008 12:02 PM

you know...they put these masked cars on the road just to tease us...ive spoken to a few chrysler employees, and there is no test that hasnt been done yet. one employee commented something to the effect of "in my years with dodge, ive never seen any car have the amount of testing and R&D before release..not even the viper.dodge REALLY wants to make sure that this car goes off without a hitch". im paraphrasing, but that was basically what he said...

kramtrah 01-09-2008 04:51 PM

I'm dying more than ever with these. It only confirms what we have said, one awesome looking car that appears as if it will deliver what we have been promised.

Jeremiah 29:11 01-09-2008 06:39 PM

Not trying to be negative but from these photos it looks kinda of blocky. The front and wheel wells looks like a Charger.

I think I will just need to wait and see the unveiling.

DSkippy 01-10-2008 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: kramtrah

I'm dying more than ever with these. It only confirms what we have said, one awesome looking car that appears as if it will deliver what we have been promised.
Mirada, that's inspiring. I may get my money's worth out of this in 09! Woo Hoo!:D

1 Bad Mirada 01-10-2008 08:44 AM

if you think about it, what was the last car that chrysler corp dangled over the public for this long? ive filled out surveys online, at the museum, and at the mopar nationals...i dont think that the viper was this well shown before release, and im sure that the charger was not. some magazine had the audacity to call the nissan gtr the most awaited car of 2008? thats ridiculous, and just plain stupid. people have been eagerly trying to buy the challenger since it debuted at the autoshow, coming up on two years ago.

Cuda340 01-11-2008 01:12 PM

Check this out! Autoblog has a rear photo of a 2009 without camo!! It is probably a 6 cylinder. Notice the absence of dual exhausts, cut-outs in the valence and racing gas cap). The rear spoilers on all Challengers except the SRTs will be painted the same color as the body. The SRTs will be flat black.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/11/r...d-in-the-rain/

Cuda340 01-15-2008 01:48 PM

There are 4 revealing photos of the production Challenger on autoblog. One clearly shows the racing gas cap on the driver's side! Another gives a full view of the tailights!! See:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ready...lenger/587614/

;););)

stevelegel 01-15-2008 06:49 PM

auoblog link did not go to photos.

Cuda340 01-16-2008 01:55 PM

Silver 2009 R/T

Autoblog posted this on January 16, 2008:

"We owe much thanks to Autoblog reader Walter, who happened upon a stark naked Dodge Challenger R/T as it was being valet parked and sent us this perfect pic. Not only does it finally reveal the face of the new Challenger, to our knowledge it's also the first time anyone has seen an R/T model. The SRT8 model is the only one scheduled for the Challenger's initial production run in MY 2008, which makes this a 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T.

So let's look at that face. The elimination of the crosshair treatment on the concept car's grille gives the Challenger about as retro a look as you could possibly get. As we saw in the teaser photos released earlier by Chrysler, a "Challenger" badge takes up the left side while the model designation badge, in this case a red "R/T" badge, sits to the right. The rest of the front end and hood appear to be exactly the same as what we originally saw when the concept was revealed in '06. The only new addition is the black chin spoiler present on this car. (In the new spy photos of the SRT8 model, we can also see a black rear deck spoiler.) Considering the throwback nature of the new Challenger, it would have been cool if Chrysler used the old script lettering for the name and the period-correct logo on the hood as well, but I guess you can't have everything. Musclecar fans, Mopar aficionados, and assorted other power freaks should still like what they see. Lord knows we do. Thanks, Walter!

UPDATE: Reports are coming in that a silver 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 is also being spotted all over the place today, so we've acquired some of the best spy shots yet of that vehicle and assembled them in a gallery for you below."

See:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/16/r...ow-their-face/

MGDMike 01-16-2008 03:34 PM

RE: Silver 2009 R/T

Cuda340!! Thank you for the update and I remember questioning what silver would like a while ago.. I like it!:)

Cuda340 01-23-2008 02:28 PM

Another Challenger site has posted a photo from windingroad.com of a hemi-orange 2009 Challenger doing a burnout.

If anyone subscribes to this online magazine, it would be great if you could post the photo for this forum.

Jeremiah 29:11 01-23-2008 04:46 PM

Sweet picture.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/8DA074740628423088F1D83C8442FAF0.jpg[/IMG]