Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/)
-   -   Latest Spy Shots!! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/latest-spy-shots-1679/)

RoswellGrey 10-14-2007 10:06 PM

RE: New Spy Shots from Las Vegas Dealers Convention!

Oh...and the Ram's Head has GOT to go. I'm not buying a truck. It needs to say D-O-D-G-E up there. ;)

[IMG]local://upfiles/148/CC8CD2437BA743D78BE69A2EF9BF9AFD.jpg[/IMG]

Plum70Rag 10-15-2007 08:53 AM

And, as an owner of a '70... They put the reverse light in the MIDDLE -- right where it belongs!

jh27n0b 10-15-2007 10:27 AM

I also am in favor of the tail lights and the grille. The ram on the hood does need to go. Hopefully it can easily be removed and replaced with the DODGE letters.

Bob

hemicuda 10-15-2007 10:45 AM

As an old school Mopar musclecar owner and enthusiast, I am super excited about seeing these new pictures. I know some will disagree about some of the changes from the concept, but I think it looks awesome. Just remember guys, this is not a 1970 Challenger, so it's not going to be EXACTLY the same. I remember seeing the original design concepts and their goal was to take items that people really liked about the original and incorporate that into the '08 model. So far, I think they're dead on target.

RLSH700 10-15-2007 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Yep, like I always tried to tell everybody.....the "B" pillar issue will go away when you look the the Challenger as a whole.

Awesome looking car!
You were correct! I can hardly tell any difference. The air scopes do appear they will be functional as it appears their is an air intake shown on the Challenger concept that was never offered on any of the LX cars.

RoswellGrey 10-15-2007 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: hemicuda

... This is not a 1970 Challenger, so it's not going to be EXACTLY the same.
True. I just want to make it MORE like a '70. :D

Cuda340 10-16-2007 03:35 AM

From what I have heard, the hood scoop will not have buterfly valves and be functional like the concept car. It will be similar to the one on the Charger SRT (i.e., it will direct cool air over the enngine and the manifolds). Probably a cost-cutting move. [:@]

Cuda340 10-16-2007 04:06 AM

Has anyone seen this spy shot from CA? It shows the B pillar and gives a peek at the instrument panel. The guages look like they may be similar to the concept's.

See:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../FREE/71015005

Albeeno 10-16-2007 12:43 PM

The Dodge Challenger will come out in March as a ’08 model. The first batch of Challengers, about 5,500 units will all be SRT8s with automatic gearboxes priced at around $38,000. In July 2008, Dodge will begin production of the ’09 models which will be offered with three engine choices: 3.5L V6, 5.7L V8 and 6.1L V8 HEMIS.

Way to drop the ball Chrysler by not offering a manual tranny!

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/10...roduction.html

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

While the butterfly valves on the scoops may be missing, I can easily see them adding it.

Either way as far as I know those are fully functional hood scoops that feed the EFI and not just cool the engine like on the Charger.

Nice pictures! Thanks for posting. Just a validation how good the production will look compared to the concept.

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

1970 front grill, old school T/A rear deck spoiler, much better looking wheels.
I just wish I could've gotten some "hi-res" pics to post, but this is FAR better than what we've had so far - pics with bra's/tents covering the production cars.
[:'(]
I want that car (yeah, maybe even in that color), and what I see in the pics tells me I don't have to find a set of "retro" Cragar Mags to fit it, or a duck-tail/flip spoiler from an aftermarket company. It's really close to what I imagined doing to the appearance already.
Yeah, the b-pillar is there, but it looks like it's restricted to "behind the glass" and doesn't look bad at all, so that isn't an issue for me anymore - besides, no one will see it after I tint the glass.
;)
I think the only issue (in MY mind) is what the production numbers and resulting dealer markup will be. I STILL won't pay over MSRP, so Dodge better make a BUNCH of 'em....... I know there are quite a few "presold" from what I see and read in this forum.

Oh, and lear4406 ........ close your drapes, please.
:D

RLSH700 10-16-2007 01:30 PM

I'm going to say that I don't completely buy the argument that there will be no manual gearbox. I have read plenty of other rumors from a variety of different sources that state otherwise. I'm sure we will probably see a six-speed Tremec in the future.

I don't see the real problem with the Dodge badge with the Ram logo in it on the Challenger. Just about every car Dodge has made for a while has had the same logo. My Intrepid has it and it sure as heck isn't a truck. I wouldn't let a logo stop me from buying a car that I like. The problem I can see with spelling out Dodge is that I have observed that those letters on new cars have a few problems. The paint peels off of the letters and it looks really bad when that happens, and the letters get broken. I prefer the Ram logo, or I'd gladly have them place the venom/Viper logo on as well.