Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

NEW Spy Shots

Old 07-01-2007, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEW Spy Shots - UPDATE

This is what I see... The side of the car looks very similar to the concept car- tall, slabsided and plain below the accent line. It appears, however, to have lost some height from the accent line to the belt line. I think they did away with the widow ledge on the door and used a flush mount weather strip for the window which took some of the height from the appearance of the metal. As a result, the glass grew in height and the car lost a little of the concept car's squat look. Also, the door handles were changed to a pull up style.

That being said, I can't wait to buy one!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda wish they would have kept the concept door handles.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Those handles were an after thougth. The pullups are better and are more in line with the original.

It is easier to open up the door with all of your fingers than just some of them.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:52 PM

I think my door handles on my 71 have been swapped out more than my starters. They were weak sauce. So any improvements on the handles is a plus.But again we'll have to wait and see what the end results are.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting, I kept the same handle for 5 years and never had any problems but I would about twice a year squirt WD-40 in the key hole.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:39 PM

Why aren't there any new photos of the pre-production Challengers on the Michigan highways?

Is Chrysler upset that they got photograped and is now using a Romulan (Star Trek) "cloaking device?"
Old 07-08-2007, 12:09 PM

It seems they covered up the side to "hide" the B-pillar and i agree it seems to have lost a bit of its squattiness (is that a word?) ... but it does look great. I just think Dodge is going to be in for a big surprise for demand... So far they have the challenger classified as a niche market..but if the price is right and reliable.... Camary watch out....lol
Old 07-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Romulan (Star Trek) "cloaking device
One of my favorite episodes of all time "The Enterprise Incident" .
Old 07-10-2007, 12:22 PM

Enjoy a new still camo'd silver Challenger, guys!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Here are a few more expanded shots.

They are very nice close ups.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/EE160B4C14224985BD0DD966469C16B6.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: NEW Spy Shots