Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-23/)
-   -   KYB gas adjust shocks (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-23/kyb-gas-adjust-shocks-1247/)

lear4406 04-16-2007 07:50 AM

KYB gas adjust shocks

My brother and I just finished putting the KYB s on and let me tell you.... The stance is stout. We pulled the old shocks off and well... they pulled apart. I mean literally. In 2 peices. I have not had a chance to drive it yet, but I know the ride will be better. I will install my front and rear sway bars this weekend and take it out for a test ride.

jdb840 04-16-2007 11:24 AM

RE: KYD gas adjust shocks

Let me know when you get to test drive it. I just finished my rear leaf springs and rear edelbrock shocks install on Sat. The installation sucked because it rained all day, and I was laying in it all day. At the end, I broke the rear shackle bolt and sliced my hand open, so I didn't get a chance to drive mine either. In two weeks I will be installing the front eddie shocks.
My rear stance raised up about an inch or two, which that is what I really need.

What company did you order your sway bars from? During my research, it seems that the just suspension is the best price. That's probably who I will be ordering mine from.

lear4406 04-16-2007 12:01 PM

It rained off and on during the install and I know how you feel. Let me know how you like your edelbrock springs. What kind of ride and how stiff your car lauches. The stance is what really suprised me the most. It just looks better. I'll try to get some pics on.

mopar440 04-16-2007 02:38 PM

KYB shocks are good, you will be pleased with them

jdb840 04-20-2007 10:23 AM

Lear4406,

I'm getting ready to order the sway bars for my car, what sizes did you get? I talked to just suspension and they said to get the 1 1/8in front, and 7/8in back. I've heard from other people to get the 1in front due to the clearance. Did you have any clearance issues?

Also how does the rear installed, it looks like by the pictures that it's U bolted to the axle, and then gets connected somewhere near the leafspring mount. Being mine doesn't have a rear one on it now, I don't really know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

lear4406 04-23-2007 02:34 PM

I'm waiting on the front 1" sway bar. I have recieved the rear 7/8" sway bar and I'm just waiting to put them on together. The KYBs are very firm and have improved the ride quality quite substantially. I'm really pleased with the results so far. Now I have to find a new steering box, this one will be power assisted. Anyone know where to get a nice setup?

McDonald 04-23-2007 05:52 PM

You have any pics, i am thinking about putting KYB's on my Torino. I just want to see what an old car looks like with them.

lear4406 04-23-2007 08:17 PM

I'll get some pictures out this weekend. I think you would be happy with these shocks. they do a real good job.

jdb840 04-24-2007 11:18 AM

Thanks for the reply back lear
I just ordered my sway bars from just suspension, 1 1/8in up front and 7/8in in the back. I noticed a huge difference in drivability in mine after the shock and spring replacement. It drives like a new car, i'm very happy with the outcome. Now I can't wait to put the sway bars on, and get new tires for it.

lear4406 04-24-2007 12:27 PM

Man that is great news. I like the look of your car and now the handling is killer. If you get the chance, post some pics. I can't get enough pics of an R/T. I think when your sway bars are on the handling will impress you some more. I went with the 1" fronts, but mine is small block and a little lighter. You will need the 1 1/8" because its a big block. and has the extra weight. Let me know how it turns out for you. Good luck.