Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Major Assistance required!!

Old 07-11-2009, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Assistance required!!

I have been on 5 Challenger sites to locate any and all SE/SXT (3.5ltr) related issues, namely misfires in these cars to assist in a legal suit with Chrysler Canada.

Most of you know I crashed my Challenger last Monday evening when my car started to misfire and the engine shut down, into the ditch I went and throw a dirt mound. Well $6500 in repairs and I'm on the hook as Chrysler does not want to deal with their mechanical failure and my insurance refuses to establish a claim because it's a mechanical failure.

My car was purchased outright in Nov of 08', and to this day after 14 visits to 3 dealerships the problem has yet to be resolved. So you can understand my urgency to assist my lawyer in this and would help back up that this problem exists in other 3.5ltr cars. I have 1 local Challenger owner that had his car in the same time mine was in with the same problem....

Any threads you can point me in or attach the link to would be a great help.

Thanks

Chris
Old 07-12-2009, 05:45 AM

Chris, I can't help you with your problem but I really feel bad for you and hope everything turns out okay.

Has your lawyer had any success in talking with Chrysler? It sounds like you are getting the shaft, big time.

Are you saying your insurance company won't pay at all? If so, that's just insane and worse than Chrysler not paying. What insurance company?

Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:32 PM

THanks RR, see the problem isn't really the damage, it's more of who's going to fix what first, Chrysler is saying they'll fix teh mechanocal issue but he damage needs repair first. yet the Ins. Co. is saying the mechanical has to be fixed and Chrysler refuses to put the resolve in writing to avoid further issues before Ins. will fix the car.... so the lawyer will be sending in a letter tomorrow stating that Chyrsler is responsible and they are either to replace the car entirely with a result of getting the car fixed right. THat is all I want, just fix my car and fix it right... that's it.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:36 PM

thanks RR, yeah the Ins. Co refuses to establish the claim until Chrysler fixes the mechnical aspect and can put it writing, yet Chrsyler wants the Ins. Co to fix the car first and then they will fix the mechanical issue but they will not out it in writing.... so the lawyer is going to send a letter advising replacement of the car with the end resuot in getting Chrysler to simply fix the car... that's all I want, just fix my car and fix it right.