Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Shopped for a new car today

Old 07-17-2009, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shopped for a new car today

Observations:
1) Foreign car dealers are much more approachable and quick to deal, quoting rebates and offering other incentives. Domestic dealers are hell bent on subtracting the rebate and telling you that's the price of the car, especially GM. When asked about other discounts they tell you that's all they have on that model. It's no wonder they are in trouble.
2) Saw two Camaros at the Chevy dealer, one six banger and one yellow 426HP 6 speed. Asked the salesperson if they were selling them at MSRP+ and he said yes, didn't ask him how much over, but he did mention they weren't getting many in between now and the new year, so they were at a premium. The yellow one had just been sold, the sticker was laying on the dash and I could only see the bottm line of 41,130. The obligatory add on stickers were laying on top upside down so I couldn't make out the final price. The salesman did say the guy was adding a body kit and stripes. Adding the dealer markup and extras makes me very happy with my purchase of an SRT8 at MSRP. I think the car looks nice and wouldn't mind having one, in fact, if the Challenger wasn't available I believe I would buy one. For me it doesn't have that "wow" factor, but I'm a MOPAR guy. Overall though, very nice.

While talking to the salesman I notice a 2009 Challenger, 5.7, auto, sitting on the lot. I asked the guy if someone traded it for a Camaro and he says "no". He tells me some lady traded it (2900 miles) because she couldn't stand all the attention it was getting. Everywhere she went people were bugging her about the car and she didn't like it so decided to get rid of it. Here's the kicker, she traded it for a (drum roll please) COBALT!
I asked if they treated her well on the trade, (knowing they didn't) and he pretty much confirmed she got the shaft. Sad...
Old 07-17-2009, 03:54 PM

Hey D, makes me all the happier we are Mopar guys and made the "right Choice"!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:50 AM

I had to laugh and shake my head about the lady and her Cobalt. If she put any cash down on that deal she got screwed big time. The dealer should have paid her to make the swap!
Old 07-18-2009, 07:27 AM

Definitely made the right choice.

How've you been Mark? How are those wheels working out?

Did you get your track experience DVD? Mine was good except I had to look at my face a lot. ;-) Got to do that again next year.

Give my regards to Michelle.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by RRUNNER
Observations:
1) Foreign car dealers are much more approachable and quick to deal, quoting rebates and offering other incentives. Domestic dealers are hell bent on subtracting the rebate and telling you that's the price of the car, especially GM. When asked about other discounts they tell you that's all they have on that model. It's no wonder they are in trouble.
2) Saw two Camaros at the Chevy dealer, one six banger and one yellow 426HP 6 speed. Asked the salesperson if they were selling them at MSRP+ and he said yes, didn't ask him how much over, but he did mention they weren't getting many in between now and the new year, so they were at a premium. The yellow one had just been sold, the sticker was laying on the dash and I could only see the bottm line of 41,130. The obligatory add on stickers were laying on top upside down so I couldn't make out the final price. The salesman did say the guy was adding a body kit and stripes. Adding the dealer markup and extras makes me very happy with my purchase of an SRT8 at MSRP. I think the car looks nice and wouldn't mind having one, in fact, if the Challenger wasn't available I believe I would buy one. For me it doesn't have that "wow" factor, but I'm a MOPAR guy. Overall though, very nice.

While talking to the salesman I notice a 2009 Challenger, 5.7, auto, sitting on the lot. I asked the guy if someone traded it for a Camaro and he says "no". He tells me some lady traded it (2900 miles) because she couldn't stand all the attention it was getting. Everywhere she went people were bugging her about the car and she didn't like it so decided to get rid of it. Here's the kicker, she traded it for a (drum roll please) COBALT!
I asked if they treated her well on the trade, (knowing they didn't) and he pretty much confirmed she got the shaft. Sad...
You sound like a total "stroke job"
Old 07-23-2009, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sound like a total "stroke job I'm not sure what this means but it sounds offensive. Please explain and why your comment was such. And do tell me you actually read what he wrote!!!! Also comprehended!!!