Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Year and a half

Old 04-28-2010, 02:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Year and a half

And I still find myself stopping and staring at my Challenger. Especially right after I wash and put some wax on it. Man this inferno red really shines and the lines are so classic. I look like that Tony Stewart commercial when he comes out of an auto store and spends hours in a daze looking at his Vette. I waited so long for a HEMI Challenger and now after 30 years it still seems so sureal. Mustang guys can't imagine and Camaro guys just have a slight clue of what it feels like to wait for the car of your dreams. Well gotta go... I just washed my R/T and I have to go find a spot to polish. And just crank up the tunes and lose myself in the past of what was. This Challenger is my time machine and I am 18 again everytime I climb behind the wheel. God bless and enjoy the ride.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lear4406
And I still find myself stopping and staring at my Challenger. Especially right after I wash and put some wax on it. Man this inferno red really shines and the lines are so classic. I look like that Tony Stewart commercial when he comes out of an auto store and spends hours in a daze looking at his Vette. I waited so long for a HEMI Challenger and now after 30 years it still seems so sureal. Mustang guys can't imagine and Camaro guys just have a slight clue of what it feels like to wait for the car of your dreams. Well gotta go... I just washed my R/T and I have to go find a spot to polish. And just crank up the tunes and lose myself in the past of what was. This Challenger is my time machine and I am 18 again everytime I climb behind the wheel. God bless and enjoy the ride.

LOL i know the feeling. drove mine to work today, first time out since good friday and i keep walking to the window to stare at it.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:49 AM

Is there any help for us? I catch myself walking out in the garage and just starring at the Challenger and thinking just how lucky I am to have one. Like you guys I've waited since the 70's for this chance. When I was young I could not of dreamed of buying a new Challenger. Well 40 years later I rectified that!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:48 AM

Talking I'm With You!

We sound a lot alike folks! I didn't turn 16 until 1979, by that time all of the muscle cars had been "pruned" and at that time I still couldn't afford a good used one. In the 80s' I really wanted a Monte Carlo SS or a Buick Grand National, but alas I couldn't justify spending that kind of money back then when I could get a zippy 1987 V6 Grand Am for $3000 less (loved that car - oh the stories). As life/career improved the old muscle cars became more scarce and the new ones weren't true muscle anymore. Then in 2003, I had a chance to buy a beautiful 1984 Monte Carlo SS with only 21,000 orig. miles. I bought it, loved it and cherished it for about 2 years. However, it just never had the "zip" I wanted (slamming me into the seat like friends old, original muscle cars). I was going to trade it on a custom-ordered Ford Mustang (newer style), but the Ford Dealership was crooked, Ford itself snubbed me when I contacted them about the dealer - so I took my car (told Ford to shove it in several letters) and traded it with my old truck for a new Dodge Ram. That's when my sales guy told me the Challenger was probably going to be brought back (that was summer 2005). I patiently waited, and when the announcement came, I made sure to be on the early order list at the dealership (#2 in line). It was nice having the time to save money in preparation, but the wait was hard. I don't regret it and everytime I get behind the wheel, I feel young and rowdy again! And I get slammed into the seat when you step on the gas! It doesn't get old!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:48 AM

Thumbs up I agree

I agree with all of you. As a life time Dodge/Mopar man I really enjoy the whole package! I want to THANK DODGE for buidling it--I hope they're listening===WELL DONE
Old 04-29-2010, 08:53 PM

All very well said guys. I really consider myself a very fortnuate and lucky man to own the finest beast on the road. Not to mention that my wife loves it too making it easier to justify the things my silver needs.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

You guys are really fortunate. I am hoping business will get better and hope to have my 6.4L/Manual Challenger in the near future which is the one I have been patiently waiting for....going on 3 years.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeremiah you have the patience of Job no doubt. But then waiting on the 6.4 will give you the wisdom of Soloman. Hang in there and lets hope this great country can pull itself up by the boot straps. It may be the only way we will see a recovery.