Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If Chrysler sells, it's not bad

If Chrysler sells, it's not bad

Feb 14, 2007 04:15 PM
David Olive
Business Columnist

While Chrysler Group, based in suburban Detroit, was announcing 13,000 job cuts today, Dieter Zetsche, CEO of parent DaimlerChrysler, was talking exit strategy. "We do not exclude any option in order to find the best solution for both the Chrysler Group and DaimlerChrysler," Zetsche said.

A Chrysler sell-off needn't be bad news for Southern Ontario's auto sector.

Two of Chrysler's few crown jewels are here — its Windsor minivan plant; and its Brampton plant, which learned just yesterday it will be adding the 2008 Dodge Challenger to its line-up.

Brampton already makes the popular Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Magnum.

Selling Chrysler whole might prove impossible. If there's a yard sale instead, Windsor and Brampton will be among the most attractive assets.

The buyers? Toyota, which has plans for as many as nine new plants in North America, is a likely candidate. So are the Chinese and Indian automakers with nascent plans for cracking the North American market.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.