View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 11:49 AM
ED1971PA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vanishing Point

ORIGINAL: joeyr

ORIGINAL: lear4406

I was thinking that this would be a good time for a remake of the original Vanishing Point. The reintroduction of the Challenger and a modern version on the big screne. Just like the new Gone in 60 Seconds, use some known actors and the same theme. It made the 70 White Challenger an instant hit with more than 1/2 of the viewing audience. A whole new generation with a burned in memory of this car. When I drive my white Challenger and stop and get gas or I am getting out at the store, someone will always say .... Hey thats the vanishing point car. Or they say hey Kowalski. It would be great timing to re-release a cult classic and it had a positive influence on the sales of Challengers. So we can dream can't we. It sure burned the image into my mind. It will always be my favorite movie car. And definetly the favorite Dodge used in a movie. Take care and check out your local theaters, it may just be in the works. Randy
In the MT article (the with the vanishing point theme), they said a remake involving Sean Penn was in the works.
Thanks Joey, It was driving me nuts because I knew I heard that somewhere, especially the Sean Penn part which I remembered because I hate him,lol, but I didn't want to start spreading rumors when I couldn't remember the source, I have the article too. Actually I think someone posted at least the pics somewhere on this forum and maybe the article too.