View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 04:34 PM
McDonald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

I see that these things have been happened since god has been removed from school, but there is no way to connect the two things. In fact we still have very little explanation as to why violence is spreading so rapidly in our country. If you take a look at many European countries, religion is much less prominent, and so is violence. There is simply no connection between the removal of religion and an increase in violence. The idea that god is the only viable option for living a peaceful life is just too out there for me.

This is not a good arguement at all... For instance Iran, they are very religious and the "radical islams" have their religion twisted to committing suicide will get you in the gates of heaven. Saying they want every American and every Jewish person dead. Preaching death to america on friday nights as if it were a high school football rally.

Although i do agree that religion should not have been taken out of schools.. Yea maybe as adults they make smarter more reasonable choices, as a kid you can pick up on dumb things and be persuaded easier, so why not persuade them in the right direction? By not having it there the average kids likely ness to being persuaded into negative things are higher.

Older Roman society you couldnt walk into any building or house without having the words of the bible on the door or walkway.. Because of that they lived in a good society..