View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Justinec101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN

I don't follow. You posted

"Yet when a tragedy (like terrorist attacks, earthquakes or hurricaines) occurs, the very people in America that asked God to leave our daily lives want to know why God let it happen and didn't prevent it. You invited him to leave - why do you ask where he is now?"

From what I understood you were stating that people ignore god for all their lives, and then as soon as tragedy strikes, they want to know why he didn't prevent it. For example, a "Christian" doesn't ever think about god or live his life as god would want. Then all of a sudden his mother dies, and he blames god, and wants to know why god didn't save her. This is what I thought you meant by your example. What I was saying was that I am not Christian and when these tragedies happen, I don't blame god, because I don't believe in a god. I simply assumed that you were referring to the average Americans, who were baptized, went to church every few sundays, but never really put any thought into their religion. . . who never think about god unless something bad happens, and then they use him as a scapegoat. If I'm not understanding what you're saying please correct me. Thanks.