View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN

So let me leave you with these thoughts.

1. God allows us free will to live they way we want to live. As a result, bad things happen.

2. When we live the life we want to live instead of the life he has planned for us that is when things can go wrong
because we are not living in his graces and blessings.

So this is what Jeremiah 29:11 is all about:

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

These are words of the undisputed truth of God to live by. There is peace in those scriptures because he has plans for each and every one of us. We
just have to allow him to work in our lives and be constantly looking for his direction in our lives. This is totally awesome!

By the way, I saw George Carlin do an interview on TV and he despises Christians. So I liked him before, but I pray for him now.

For all of the sins that people do and I myself am not perfect and do commit sins, I am to love my God with all my heart, mind, and spirit. I am also to love my neighbor as myself. These are the 2 greatest commendments.

[b]Mark 12:30-31
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' [a] 31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

So as a result I hate the sin but love the sinner.

Sure Christians are hypocrites because we do commit sins even though we know it is wrong. We we are forgiven for our sins. The bible tells us that. That does not mean we should keep on sinning, but should be asking God to help us with not committing those sins again. We are not perfect and that is why we are hypocrites.
People judge us harshly as hypocrites because we do bad things.......well all I can say is I am not perfect and all I can do is ask for forgiveness
and pray that God gives me the strength to not do it again.

I hope these words touch your heart and bless you in some way.

I wish I could share this with you in person.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.