View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Justinec101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN

Wanted to add something.

"I can't imagine walking this life without his presence in my life. I accept all that happen, good or bad. That is what has made me who I am. Without the deepest of dispare, I could not know the joy of a normal day. I hope that your days will be smooth, but in my heart I wonder how a person gets through a day with the thought of..... is this all, is this it. Scary stuff I must say. In GOD I have hope and everything to look forward to. I'm not putting anyone down at all and I hope it does not sound that way. Just thinking out loud."

Of course you can't imagine it, you have probably lived your entire life with the comfort of god at your side. I live my life the same as yours. I don't go through a day worrying, I take things as they are. I accept that there is far more to the universe than I could possibly understand, and that somewhere out there, there may be a being that created it all. I don't need to comfort myself with the concept of a heaven. I simply accept that when I die I die, and I have one life to live through (again, as far as I know). The endless ideas that the human mind can come up with make me much happier than just accepting one way that everything came to be. Life with or without god, has good and bad. I feel that being open minded is a far better option than to falsely comfort myself with the idea of god when things go bad. Looking at everything in this world and being amazed at how it came to be, and how minute my presence is compared to it all, is more incredible to me than coming up with an explanation. It's like watching a magic trick and going "wow, that's incredible" and then finding out how they did it. You watch it and want to know so badly how it was done, but when you find out the magic is gone.

That's how I live my life.