View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 12:38 PM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN

Justinec101,
I think you read past a few points in other posts.

Is God going to save the sinners or does he expect other Christians to do it.
As stated before, God has given us free will to do as we see fit. Sinners choose to save themselves or choose not to - it's thier choice.

There's a lot of research going into explaining homosexuality as genetic. And cancer can be genetic as well.How exactly does god tie into genetics? If he has nothing to do with them, then he is certainly nowhere near as incredible as I thought. If he does, then he did in fact make them gay and give the baby cancer. It really has to be one or the other.
You're jumping to conclusions here. "Research" and "can be" are not difinitive. And it doesn't have to be "one or the other" - you've left out the influence of the "Lucifer factor". For a Biblical comparison, read the story of Job.

I don't believe in god, but does that mean I think rape, killing and stealing are okay? Of course not. I just do not believe that belief in god is required for living a respectable life. In fact, it's completely obvious that it isn't.
Obviously, we have laws that regulate our behavior. Laws are broken all of the time at ALL levels of society. Our laws are based in principle on the Ten Commandments - they just expand on the basis to meet our times. Our laws are written and enforced by mankind, and we don't/can't catch everyone that commits a crime - we're human, we're flawed. God knows what wrong we do - he's not flawed - and eventually, we WILL pay for our transgressions - everyone dies eventually and will be judged then. Even Christ paid for his selfishness/humanness (his reluctance to submit to crucifiction) by decending into hell before ascending into heaven.

Regarding your post:
In response to your abortion comment, I think everyone will fully agree that birth control is a far better option. But as far as I knew, Christians were against birth control in any form. *edit, realized that made no sense(lol) and had this to add:* Please correct me if I'm wrong on this, or if you were just choosing the lesser of two evils (killing sperm better than killing fetus).
I believe the Catholic Church forbids "birth control", but opts for the "rhythm method" - periods of increased/decreased fertility levels. I can't imagine the use of birth control methods as being forbidden by all Christian denominations. Prevention is always a better option than reaction. As for "killing sperm", I don't know that the prevention of one cell joining with another is considered "killing". Would covering your mouth when you sneeze be considered "killing germs", or preventing the spread of them?

Let me end my participation in this thread by giving you this;
It is MUCH harder to prove something DOES exist than to prove it DOESN'T.
It doesn't matter what you name him, every major religion believes in ONE God.
The Bible is written in symbolism meant to transcend time, and YES, is open to personal interpretation. No two people see ANYTHING exactly the same way.

No matter how you split hairs on the subject and details of faith, the beliefs we Christians have are that;
1) We're all God's children - believers and non-believers alike.
2) We all commit sins. Forgiveness is given to ALL of those who ASK for it.
3) We're all on this Earth together and should work together to make it a better place for ALL.
4) God loves us ALL, whether we believe in him or not.
5) By accepting and believing in Jesus Christ as the lamb of God, we assure ourselves eternal life (obviously, not in earthly form).
How does any of this hurt anyone?

On a non-religious note (where this thread started in the first place), I believe that if you come to my house and stay as a guest, show respect for my rules and follow them, and show respect for my way of life. If you like it so much that you want to l