Old 04-05-2007, 01:27 PM
purnrg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gore: Climate crisis could attract next generation of engineers

I agree he is strange, his house has a CO2 footprint greater than 20 normal houses would have, typical do as I say and not as I do attitude (closet aristocrat or limousine liberal), the green brigade has silenced or ostracized any scientist that contradicts the whole global warming crusade (see the New York Times article of a few weeks ago on this). I am by no means a climatologist but anyone that wishes can do their own research and the conclusion that any reasonable person would come up with is that the earth goes through cycles (heating and cooling over long periods), up until the middle ages the major rivers in Europe never froze during the winter months now they are freezing, Greenland was not covered in ice 50 million years ago (it was tropical), the Mississippi river was an ocean millenia ago, and the list goes on.
CO2 is a natural occurance on the Earth and mankind accounts for less that 4% of all the CO2 emmissions. I believe that if we want to reduce CO2 in our atmosphere (as the green brigade says we must) we need only plant more trees and manage our forests better, as plant matter uses CO2 and releases oxygen (funny how that works so good EH?).
CO2 is that easy to control and you need not be a world renowned scientist to figure that out.
This is just a preparation for a new money grab of some type, there is an economy of 7 Billion $, and growing every year, in this global warming crusade, so draw your own conclusions but remember as my dear departed Father (GOD rest his soul) said to me "If you want to find out the truth about something just follow the money" .
I personally am more concerned with the organic and inorganic pollutants we are discharging into the atmosphere and into our water, these things are the most difficult for our environment to cope with in the short term.
There I said my peace.
PG