Old 04-18-2007, 09:11 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gore: Climate crisis could attract next generation of engineers

ORIGINAL: awsure

Thank God some sane people in the world. I know a guy that said 99% of the "credible" scientists agree there is global warming. Of course anyone that disagrees is deemed not credible. Please...

Our planet is OLD!!! We have (at best) 100 years of data and we want to make conclusions based upon that. What a joke. I seem to recall as a kid (some 30 years ago) we were headed for global cooling and another ice age. I guess this latest enviro-crisis plays better to crowds as warming.

The scary part is that politicians are scrambling to show they "care" enough to pass new and wonderful taxes on those of us not wanting to drive a mini-car powered by AA batteries. Lookout CA...you have a wonderful new tax headed your way. Even though these guys are idiots they need to be taken seriously and combated or folks like us will find our muscle car price tags even higher.
Exactly. 100 years history is irrelevant when you take consideration how old the Earth is. The thing is there have supposively been ice ages come and go as well as extremely hot periods way before the first internal combustion engine was even dreamed up. The temperature on Earth is always changing and we are not the ones causing it. It is silly to think that something so insignificant like running a car could actually cause a massive change in the Earth's temperature.

I refuse to buy this stuff because I hear the same things being said about this in the same manner that the Y2K problem was being discussed. People swore impossible things like the roads would vanish, the water lines would disappear, and so forth. Now I hear an old has been politican making stupid claims like cow flatulations raises the earth's temperature. Oh really, and what do you suggest we do to solve that, give them Gas-X? I hear people like Gore say that in ten years the earth will be on fire. That is insane. The earth needs carbon dioxoide in order to keep the plants alive.

I agree it is scary about how the moronic politicians are trying to out do each other to show that they "care." The fact that the politicians are involved in this proves to me it is a crock. The new indulgence system known as "Carbon Credits" is proof of how fony this is. Paying money like that to cover for using a private jet is not going to magically remove the emissions from the air.

My advice is just elevate your feet and relax because it doesn't matter what we do, the temperature of the earth is going to keep changing whether we like it or not.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts