Old 04-19-2007, 04:26 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gore: Climate crisis could attract next generation of engineers

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

I agree, the Earth goes in cycles.. also Mother Nature seems to have a pretty good knack of fixing herself up as well. Not that I throw my garbage all over the place and put oil down the drain but I'm not protecting ever single blade of grass either.
Exactly. There is a difference between being sensible and being crazy about it. I recycle my cans because I get money for them. I use flurecent lights because it lowers the electricity bill plus I don't have to change them as often. I use ethanol because E10 offers the octane my car recommends for the same price and sometimes lower price than regular. I somtimes recycle plastic and paper if I have a huge amount piled up so then I can save money on trash bags. I throw trash in the trash can and not out of my car window when I'm driving, and I help sometimes to clean up highways. I believe in being a good steward, but I'm not going to buy carbon credits, drive a PZEV economy car, have a house powered by solar panels, and other radical things like that. That is just weird to do things like that.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts