View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 12:46 PM
mopar440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Costco Purchase Strategy?

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

ORIGINAL: zman

Not a freaking chance in hell that I will pay $10,000 over msrp for a new Chally, dont care how bad I want it, and I want one real bad. I'll just wait for the heat to die down or buy one a year or two later or used. For a company that's in termoil as they are, trying to soak us for an additional 10k is goin to piss off alot of potential buyers.
Dealers are independently owned; therefore, it is not DCX who is responsible for any price increases. I admit I do not know very much about this Costco deal, but I find it hard to believe that Dodge is going to give Costco a limited production model like the Challenger to Costco over the dealerships which exclusively sell their other models. Supply and Demand will determine the price of this model, this is why I'm planning on waiting until the initial demand dies down.
Costco doesn't have a dealership, what they do is negotiate with the dealers that are in town, but like I said, getting a Challenger thru Costco will be impossible on the first year run.